This position will support the vision of Trinity Church with the responsibility of developing leaders to further the work of discipleship in the Kingdom of God. This position will lead the children and youth ministry in all aspects to provide
vision resource, recruitment and training. As leaders are recruited and trained and the children’s and youth ministries grow, the associate pastor will seek to function as an overseer so that other aspects of Trinity’s vision can be addressed and expanded.
This position will also come alongside the current pastoral staff providing creative input into the corporate life of the church for more effective ministry and outreach. This aspect of the future of the job description will be based on the gifts, talents,
skills, and interests of the associate pastor as well as at the direction of the lead pastor and elder team.
1. Shall have a personal, vibrant, relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
2. Shall have been baptized in the Holy Spirit according to Trinity’s statement of faith.
3. Shall be in agreement and able to support the current vision and direction of Trinity.
4. Shall be in agreement with the Covenant, Purpose, Guiding Values, Principles and
beliefs of Trinity Church.
5. Shall exhibit spiritual gifts and abilities that are needed to lead, organize and disciple.
6. Shall have personal qualifications as those considered for Leadership/eldership.
7. Shall have demonstrated experience in leading and working in church based ministries.
8. Shall have the ability to communicate, manage conflict and connect with the church.
9. Shall meet appropriate educational requirements.
10. Shall have a desire to be part of a team ministry, be able to work with people and be
teachable, correctable and accountable.
Leadership Priorities and Tasks
1. Primary Leader and Vision Carrier for the Children’s/Youth ministries
2. Leader of the supportive teams, oversight and coordination of their work
3. Leadership equipper, identifying, discipling and deploying adult & youth leaders
4. Works with elders and pastors in developing apostolic environment, “culture of honor” and discipleship
5. Oversight of all KK/Youth services & activities
6. Support of all Outreach and Evangelism
7. Liaison to the elders
8. Participant in the elements of our Sunday morning experience
9. Will be an active member of the Creative Team
This position is established with the intent of growing the church and the position in the following ways:
- Administration and oversight of reaching younger generations
- At the direction of the Lead Pastor, act as the Primary Catalyst for New Ministries
- Ministry to and Connecting new people
4. Mentoring leaders
- Strong, decisive, unwavering but not a know it all
- Servant Leader; leads by example, not just delegate
- Vision Carrier; share vision of the current move of the Spirit
- Bring unity to the Body
- Adaptability, open
- Reach out beyond Trinity, equip people to minister in the world.
- Challenge the body and raise the standard