Kairos Church is a church plant looking for a Worship Leader. We launched in October of 2017 with 190 people in attendance. We are denominationally funded and supported. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, spiritually mature, person to step
into the role. 1-2 years of Worship Experience is required, or equivalent internship experience.
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Ministry Director Role and Job Summary: Ministry Directors provide key developmental leadership for specified areas of ministry within the church. The Worship Director—under the direction of the Lead Pastor—is responsible to develop, to
make functional, and to oversee the Worship Team at Kairos. This individual will contribute to the selection of and will ultimately supervise subordinate leaders and team members (employees and volunteers) who will implement the various components of the Worship
Team, all with the primary goal of facilitating the worship of God by the people of God. The Worship Director will be accountable to Lead Pastor.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, growing in faith and modeling the principles and disciplines of Christian life and stewardship: Godly character, moral purity, and a growing spiritual maturity achieved through Bible study, active prayer, personal
worship, and fellowship.
- Note: any conduct unbecoming of a Christian or that otherwise might be damaging to Kairos’ ministry, will be grounds for immediate termination.
- Be a partner of Kairos Church, supporting (and as necessary defending) our theological framework, vision, mission, and leadership—firmly believing that the local church is the only hope for the world.
- Establish and maintain a positive working rapport with each Pastor, Ministry Director, and Team Member, noting the elevated value Kairos places on relational chemistry and a team-player attitude. You are expected to lead your ministry area alongside all
other ministry areas and leaders, always being ready to step in and to serve other leaders as needed.
- Possess a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation, the Worship Team, and the community at large, along with a commitment to achieving personal effectiveness as a servant of the church and an ambassador of Jesus Christ. This will include
(but is not limited to) consistent participation as a leader/co-leader in Kairos' Connection Groups.
- Be present and prompt for all required meetings and church-wide events (set-up/tear-down, weekend services, servant evangelism events, community outreach, baptisms, ordinations, volunteer appreciation, etc.), while maintaining an enthusiastic presence.
Any absences require prior approval by the Lead Pastor and assurances that any potential gaps in your ministry area adequately covered.
- Be well prepared, in advance, for your best personal performance in every setting and situation required of you whether leading, teaching, presenting, or facilitating.
- Be prepared to report progress in all areas of your ministry as requested, including (but not limited to) the performance of volunteers, budget, needs, strengths, and/or weaknesses.
- Become a leader of people, constantly raising-up other leaders in your department, noting that a good measure of your leadership will be in your ability to identify and to develop new leaders and to build teams as your ministry demands.
- Be prompt in all communications with the Lead Pastor, other Ministry Directors, Worship Team Members, and Kairos partners and attendees.
- Know and understand this job description in its entirety and the job descriptions of those whom you oversee as the Worship Director, always holding yourself and subordinates accountable to the responsibilities and duties included therein.
- Complete with diligence these and any additional tasks or duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Deliver excellence in the overall leadership and management of the Worship Team area, which includes music, drama, visual arts, other creative elements, and audio engineering (in all stages: planning, rehearsing, execution, and administration).
- Serve as the primary worship leader for Kairos Church worship services. Demonstrate excellence in worship and musicianship.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor in developing, carrying out, and executing plans and goals (personal and ministry), both short-term and long-term. This includes (but is not limited to) the development of a long-range worship plan, the creation of established
standards for worship activities, and further ensuring that those standards are achieved and maintained. Progress towards plans and goals will be evaluated regularly.
- In consultation with the Lead Pastor, capture a vision and philosophy of utilizing music and arts in worship that is congruent with the vision and mission of Kairos Church to reach the lost of our communities.
- Guide and oversee, in consultation with the Lead Pastor, the coordination, and development of the worship planning process, to include worship service timing, set lists, the inclusion of additional creative elements, and Worship Team Staffing. This will
also include your participation in the creative team process.
- Study, know, and present means, methods, and models of effective Worship to the Lead Pastor, and Kairos Leadership Team as a part of your developmental planning and implementation. Be familiar with and supportive of all complimentary worship styles and
a wide body of music literature for use in reaching people for Christ and leading them in worshiping Him.
- Ensure all Worship resources and equipment are well maintained, and in consultation with the Lead Pastor, replaced as needed.
- The Worship Director is expected to deliver direct pastoral care to those on this team. The Director should expect that needs could arise at any time of day that may need his care.
- Recruit, train, oversee, hold accountable, and be responsive to all Worship team members and leaders (employees and volunteers). All vocalists, musicians & sound technicians should receive proper training before starting at Kairos.
- The Director will build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes. However, it is noted that team leaders should be placed and empowered only when the Director has received necessary
approvals from the Lead Pastor.
- Provide written job descriptions & expectations to all vocalists, musicians & sound technicians who take the stage at Kairos Church.
- Be a leader, which means be a learner. Seek training, attend conferences and seminars, network with other Worship Directors and Leaders, and read relevant materials (books, articles, blogs). Further, ensure and hold accountable Worship team members are
growing as leader-learners as well.
- Oversee copyright compliance by Worship Arts and the broader church administrative personnel.
- Ensure that the worship team is appropriately coordinated in their dress across all campuses, instilling a culture of proper leading on stage through attire.