To oversee and expedite the administrative dimensions of First Baptist Church ministries and to work in cooperation with the pastoral staff and church boards.
Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and under primary oversight of the Board of Trustees, and general oversight of the Board of Deacons as are all staff.
- Exhibits the spiritual gifts of Administration, Leadership and Helps and possesses the Christian character of Galatians 5:22,23;I Timothy 3:1-10; Titus 1:5-9.
- A member of First Baptist Church and in total and unqualified agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, By-Laws and Church Covenant of the First Baptist Church of Danville.
- Possesses the education in business, finance or related fields and/or equivalent job experience to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the financial administration of the Church.
a) Prepares, administrates, and reviews the annual budget process in collaboration with the Budget committee. Assist in presenting the budget to the Trustee Board for approval.
b) Oversees purchasing function by monitoring budget spending.
c) Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as needed.
d) Maintains of an accurate filing, recordkeeping, and reporting system for all financial matters.
e) Insure that GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) is maintained at all times. Which include but not limited to separation of duties, record retention policy.
Make sure all income and expenses are properly accounted for and safeguarded
Responsible for monitoring internal controls and accounting procedures
f) Processes the payroll of the church staff following proper payroll procedures. Insuring proper reporting to State, local and Federal government.
- Has a basic understanding of Church and Clergy tax laws.
- Be responsible for the Church Office operations.
a) Give direction to the Church Receptionist/Secretaries.
b) Be responsible for computer operations and development.
c) Streamline and expedite the efficiency of office operations.
d) Be responsible for church publications and communication.
- Be the Staff representative at Trustee Board meetings for communication and coordination.
- Assist the Trustee Board with administrative follow through of decisions and projects.
a) Apply policies and procedures to FBC and Non-FBC facility usage.
b) Coordinate and communicate with sales representatives, contractors and suppliers.
c) Oversee facility and van operation, maintenance, use & coordination.
d) Coordinate projects that are identified by the Trustee board.
e) Communicate roadblocks, issues, progress as needed in an effort to expedite progress.
- Assist in the coordination of Financial Officer Responsibilities
a) Assist the Financial Secretary as needed.
b) Assist the Mission Treasurer as needed.
- Assist Boards, Committees & officers with administrative follow through of decisions and policies.
- Assist the Pastoral Staff with administrative details of ministries.
a) Meet regularly with the Pastoral Staff.
b) Assist with ministry related research.
c) Assist with detail implementation for special events, ministries and projects.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Criteria For Performance
Performance evaluation after the first six months and annually thereafter, based upon the Job Description, under the review of the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Committee of the Board of Trustees.