Job Title: Lead Pastor (Pastor of Discipleship and Connection) Position Status: Full Time
The role of this Pastor, as a member of the church board, is to assist the Church Board in overseeing the life and direction of the church. This Pastor will keep a presence in the community where the church is located (LaPorte County IN). This Pastor will
have a clear understanding and provide support on the purpose, values, and strategy of the church. This Pastor will offer leadership and pastoral care to the needs of the growing congregation, serving in the capacity as a Pastor of Discipleship and Connection.
The role of this position is similar to a Campus Pastor of a multisite church.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Pastoral Care
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share duties with other lay ministers in hospital visitation, home visits, life coaching, teaching, marriages, and funerals.
2. Preaching and Teaching
- Be the host, greeter, and promoter of Journey Church’s vision. Journey utilizes a combination of live teaching and video teaching from North Point Church and Life Church. The Pastor will have an opportunity to share in the teaching 6-10 times per year.
- The Pastor will participate in planning and executing the adult education programs, in coordination with other lay leaders. This includes programs in discipleship and ministry training
3. Strategic Leadership and Planning
- The Pastor shall participate in strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s core values.
- Coordinating/leading scheduled volunteer staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
- Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities, and programs are effectively aligned to meet core values and strategic goals.
- Will build upon and follow the model already set by Journey Church.
- Will file monthly reports to the Board on ministry accomplishments and activities.
- The Pastor will serve as a member of the Church Board
- Needs to be a committed follower of Jesus, competent in the Word of God.
- Needs to be a disciple of Christ and be passionate about the discipleship of others
- Needs to be committed to see the Church grow by reaching non-believers and those that have left the church.
- Needs to be able to align themselves with the vision, mission and core-values of Journey Church.
- Adhere to the guideline of personal behavior per the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4
- Loves Jesus and loves people
- Wants to call LaPorte County home
- Loves children and wants to see them take steps toward Jesus.
- Somebody that wants to see the church grow and community transformed
- Be a relational leader, both friendly and approachable, and be able to rally people to a cause.
- Be a cheerleader, encouraging volunteers and staff constantly. Cares for the spiritual, emotional, and familial health of Journey staff/volunteers.
- Always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers, can build teams, and identify high capacity leaders.
- Looking for ways to improve; sensitive to missed goals; and committed to excellence.
More about us:
Our web page: www.journeychurchlaporte.com
Our Facebook: www.facebook.com/JourneyChurchLaPorte/
Applicants resumes will be reviewed and responded to mid-January 2018.