To lead an integrated and dynamic ministry within an Orange Strategy with the goal of kids affirmed with a heart that belongs, a mind that responds and a life that is discovering Jesus.
- Contagious spiritual life
- Positive attitude
- Solid Integrity
- Team-first mentality
- High Performance
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Staff to create and execute weekly programming for Children Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Staff and Children’s Ministry volunteers to organize and plan separate ministry events throughout the school year (Harvest Trunk or Treat, Movie Night, S Africa Night, Dodgeball, VBS, etc…)
- Key communicator for all large group experiences within Children’s Ministry.
- Help create K-5th grade environments that churched, unchurched and never churched kids will love and want to invite friends to (Wednesday Programming).
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Staff in preparing our Small Group Leaders with curriculum and materials to leverage their potential and influence with our Kids (Sundays and Wednesdays).
- Develop and achieve yearly goals for Children’s Ministry with the support and approval of the Next Gen Pastor.
- Work with Next Gen Team on Transitions from Pre-School to Kindergarten and 5th grade to Middle School.
- Maintain orderly/clean/safe rooms in Children’s Wing.
- Order Supplies as necessary (work with Children’s Ministry Administrator).
- Maintain signage and props for each program throughout the week.
The Elementary Director must:
- Have a love and passion for kids and Children’s Ministry, have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and be gifted and equipped for Children’s Ministry.
- Be theologically compatible with the Church of God.
- Have achieved or be in process of achieving a Bachelor’s degree in Ministry or Biblical Studies.
- Demonstrate effective children’s ministry level speaking and teaching abilities.
- Exemplify 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, Galatians 2:22-23, and 1Timothy 3:8-11 characteristics and have a true willingness to support the Senior Pastor’s vision for the church.
- Reports Next Gen Pastor
- Meets regularly with Next Gen team, for planning, training, and team building.
- Attends Staff Meetings
In addition, the Elementary Director should have at least three to five years of experience as a Elementary Director, preferably within children’s ministry of 100+ kids, where he/she has demonstrated the ability to oversee multiple volunteers.