Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor
First Baptist Church Frisco is a growing church reaching out to the people of Frisco, TX and surrounding cities. The church is looking for a highly-motivated Administrative Assistant to work with the Senior Pastor.
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant is a full-time employee responsible for ensuring that all the administrative details for the Senior Pastor and other members of the Pastoral Staff are completed accurately, efficiently,
Skills/Experience: This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as an executive/administrative assistant in a church environment. The Administrative Assistant must be a fully devoted Christ-follower and fully support
the ministry of First Baptist Church Frisco and its leadership team. This individual’s commitment to Christ will be evidenced in one’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. This person should be energetic, hardworking, and possess the ability
to work independently as well as in team environments. Proficient (or fast learner) in use of current and future communication tools, i.e. cell phones, internet, social networks, texting, blogging, etc. This individual must be comfortable and able to communicate
effectively in small gatherings and possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. This person must also have the ability to coordinate several activities at once and quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
Requirements: Position requires working knowledge of the Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Publisher. This employee should also display a professional and positive attitude toward
ministers, church members and other employees. The exercise of creativity and sound judgment without close supervision is mandatory.
General Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant - Senior Pastor:
- Manage all forms of correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, and regular mail.
- Manage calendars for Pastoral Staff for meetings and other scheduled commitments.
- Initiate, edit, and distribute e-mail communication for the Pastoral Staff.
- Setup and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics for speaking engagements.
- Function as resource management data entry person (book text, magazine and newspaper articles, etc.) in support of sermon development and authorship of articles, books, and other publications.
- Edit sermons, articles, manuscripts, and other written material as needed in support of Pastoral Staff.
- Coordinate logistics for Executive Staff events, retreats, and staff meetings.
- Provide accurate accountability to finance department for all cash receipts and cash disbursements
- Provide accurate and complete documentation for all credit card purchases
- Coordinate special events and projects
Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Commensurate based on experience - $18/hr - $21/hr
Health Insurance, Vacation/Sick Leave, 403(b) Retirement Plan
If interested in this position, please send qualifications to