Program Manager’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop, plan, organize and implement effective program plans for our summer and winter camps, including games, contests, crafts, special events, etc.
- Evaluate existing programs recommending to the Manager additions or deletions as needed
- Constantly search for new and innovative ways to improve programs and keep them relevant
- Review and update summer staff job descriptions annually
- Recruit, interview and participate in the hiring of summer staff
- Plan and implement a summer staff training program
- Effectively lead, supervise and mentor a team of approximately 15 summer staff
- Evaluate summer staff and jointly develop improvement plans when necessary
- Serve as an appropriate role model for children and young adults
Retreat Guest Relations
- Coordinate and host retreat groups as required, seeking to make all feel welcome and meet their camp-related needs
- Schedule staff to work weekend retreats
- Participate in the serving of meals, cleaning of facilities and facilitating of retreat activities
Promotion and Marketing
- Involved in the ongoing marketing and promotion of both the camp and retreat ministries
- Contribute ideas and verbiage to newsletters and promotional pieces
Candidate will possess:
- An active and growing faith in Jesus Christ, with a heart for ministry and a passion for helping others grow in their personal walk with the Lord
- Integrity, consistent work ethic, and a proven success in leadership at a Christian camp or similar organization
- Interpersonal communication and organizational skills, attention to detail
- A team-oriented servant attitude and the ability to relate well with others
- Creativity and high energy particularly when preparing and implementing camp programs
- The ability to handle conflict in a respectful and professional manner
Desired Qualifications (must have or be willing to receive):
-National Archery Association Level I Certification
-Low and High Ropes Certifications
The Program Manager position is full-time (including housing/utilities), with a work schedule that varies depending on the season of the year and timing of retreat groups which includes facilitating on weekends when necessary. The Program Manager must be willing
to live and work in a camp setting with varying weather conditions and physical requirements. Individuals must possess the physical ability to lift, carry and operate necessary equipment, as well as to make their way around camp on foot.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter including the following:
1. Describe your salvation experience and how this opportunity fits with God’s work in your life now.
2. Please provide the web address of your current or most recent employer. Note: We will not contact your current employer in this phase of the application process.
3. Include in your resume the following statement: “I certify that the information provided in my resume and my answers to questions are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading
information in my application or interview may result in my release.”
Our Search Process:
Upon the submitting of your resume and cover letter we will confirm that we have received the needed documents. If your qualifications match the candidate profile we are seeking, we will follow up with further correspondence. We recognize the importance of
confidentiality in any job search. We will not contact your current employer or any of the references you provide without obtaining your permission.
All correspondence should be sent to Justin Hoehner