The position of Director of Youth and College Student Ministries is a part-time salaried staff position. The role of the Director of Youth and College Student Ministries is to oversee and give direction to programs in the church provided for youth (grades
6-12) and Students (post-high school through age 21), with primary emphasis on youth programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Volunteer development within the Youth and Student Ministry programs
- Implementation of the Youth and Student Ministry programs
- Lay Pastoral Ministry for Youth and Students
- Communication related to the Youth and Student Ministry programs
- Administrative Duties related to the Youth and Student Ministry programs
- Working with other staff members
Other responsibilities necessary for the effective ministry of the church may be specified by the Senior Pastor in consultation with the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
The person serving in this position must be one who sees his or her role and duties primarily as a ministry to the congregation and to all who attend here, in the name of Jesus Christ. Such ministry is to be especially directed to youth, their parents and
guardians, adult volunteers in the youth program and Students.
- Bachelor of Christian Education or related field
- Experience as a youth ministry staff person
- Completion of training or certification for youth directors
- Extensive background in the United Methodist Church as a lay member and volunteer
- Demonstrated ability in giving leadership to groups and working cooperatively with others
- High energy level and ability to play and interact with youth.