PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2zwscBY
Poulsbo Community Church is a regional church located in Kitsap County where people are welcomed, cherished, and encouraged to take steps toward Christ. Led by pioneering Senior Pastor Lincoln Loney, Poulsbo Community Church is a theologically sound non-denominational
Christian church, with solid biblical integrations centered within the belief that ‘each person matters to God’. The church’s engaging, understandable, and strong expository teaching style plays a significant factor in its sustained attendance over the years.
Driven by a passion to see people dive into the Word of God and be transformed by it, Pastor Lincoln founded Poulsbo Community Church with a small group of dedicated followers in the early 2000’s. Church meetings started at a movie theatre with a few people
and grew to the 50’s and 60’s in number, increasing up to 140 people, maximizing the physical meeting capacity of the venue. This rapid expansion inevitably created a need to move out of the movie theatre and into an eight-acre campus consisting of two buildings:
an administrative office, and a worship center. The church opened its doors in 2011, and doubled in size. The church is currently in an exciting season of growth and renewed outward focus, with Sunday morning services averaging 250 attendees.
The leadership of Poulsbo Community Church includes two teaching Pastors, a Women’s Ministry Director, and highly experienced Elders. They strongly believe in teaching and living a lifestyle that defines Romans 1:16, ‘I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for
it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes’.
Denomination: Evangelical Free
Location: Poulsbo, WA
About the Position:
The position of Worship Pastor will be a life-long learner with a heart for worship and a solid background in worship leadership. They will be self-motivated, with a desire to seek constant improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility. Their
work ethic will speak to their preparation, musicianship, and highly effective execution of Sunday morning programming. The candidate will possess a vast knowledge in contemporary music and blended worship, with familiarity in the fine arts and tech ministry
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Worship Pastor:
Bachelor’s degree with a preferred Master’s degree in the area of worship.
- 3-5 years in worship leadership, most of which was in a Worship Pastor role.
- Demonstrated skill set in vocal and instrumental talent.
- Strong ability to lead volunteers and core leaders of the Worship Ministry.
- Authentic and relational presence on stage that connects.
- Varied taste of music and styles.
- Aptitude in developing multiple arrangements and music scores.
- Experience in supervision, delegation, and management of diverse volunteer groups.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in managing all audio/visuals related to the worship experience.
- A solid understanding and articulation of a theology of worship and a philosophy of ministry.
- An outstanding work ethic that speaks to a high capacity leader of the church.
- A self-driven, results-oriented contributor with the capability to multiply worship leadership for the church.
The ideal candidate for the role of Worship Pastor at Poulsbo Community Church will possess a pastoral heart, with a warm, humble, engaging, approachable, and friendly nature. He will demonstrate an attitude of a servant that complements the Vision and Mission
of Poulsbo Community Church. He will exercise spiritual disciplines including Bible study, prayer, faith and testimony, sharing with both believers and non-believers within and outside of the church.
- Demonstrate a character and discipline consistent with biblical qualifications for elders and deacons.
- Theologically evangelical.
- Embrace the inerrancy of scripture.
- Commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Statement of Faith of Poulsbo Community Church.
- Someone who has an intimate relationship and is disciplined in their relationship with the Lord.
Success in this role looks like:
- Someone who comes with great stage presence.
- Someone who leads the church in excellent, quality worship.
- Someone who gets to know people and embraces the congregation.
- Someone who builds trust so they have the ability to do new things.
- Someone who develops a team of volunteer vocalists and musicians.
- Someone with good relational skills, who is a good team player and someone who is glad to be serving in ministry doing what they love.
- Someone who is skilled at training up new people and could replace themselves.
About the Location:
Poulsbo is a part of Kitsap County, in the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula, conveniently located directly across from the high-tech, high-energy Seattle-Tacoma metro marketplace. With nearly 300-miles of shoreline and world-class marinas, it is a natural setting
for a wide range of adventure sports including world-renowned kayaking, cycling, running, and mountain biking trails and events. The combination of Native American, Scandinavian, military, and pioneer attractions make it a destination rich in history and diversity.
Once called the Great Peninsula, Kitsap is centrally located between the Olympic and Cascade Mountain ranges in the Puget Sound region of Washington State. Less than an hour from Seattle, Kitsap is easily accessible from the greater Seattle area by four
routes of the Washing State Ferry Service, the Hood Canal Bridge, or the highway from the south. Every community, including Poulsbo, is located on the waterfront.
Home to the two military bases of the county, the Naval Museum in Bremerton, Kitsap has a strong military presence with 45% of the economy deriving from the bases of Puget Sound Navy Shipyard, Bangor Submarine Base, and Keyport Naval Weapons Station. The
boundaries of the Peninsula also include high-income affordable living with cost of living significantly less than Seattle.
In 1882, Norwegian immigrants established a fishing and farming community named ‘Poulsbo’ on a Peninsula across from Seattle, WA. Known today as the “Little Norway on the Fjord,” this stunningly quaint little city boasts international flavor, galleries and
antiques, waterfront restaurants, Viking cultural nuances, and a variety of attractions ideal for everyday living, an extended stay, or a weekend visit. Nestled in a valley between Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges, closely bordering the metropolitan cities
of Seattle and Shoreline, Poulsbo brings rare Scandinavian hospitality and ‘old world’ charm into modern day living.
With a population of 9,975 occupying 4.5 square miles in area, the community of Poulsbo is predominantly Caucasian, with Hispanic, Multi-racial, and Asian ethnicities gaining presence in the locale. The median household income of the city is $58,232 with
an estimated median house value of $279,357.
Poulsbo is not only aesthetically enriching and captivating, but also thriving in its economy. Schooling options in the city of Poulsbo are vast, with multiple public, home-schooling, and private school institutions (one that specifically offers heavily
discounted tuition costs for PCC pastoral staff). Where business and community function as ‘one’ in this unique city, the most common industries in Poulsbo are professional, scientific, and technical in nature, with major careers connected to the management
sector. With a productive economy, and an increasing business market in aeronautics, marine life, and retail, Poulsbo and Kitsap County offer a highly desirable lifestyle.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2zwscBY