BIG VALLEY GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH SEEKS AN
Associate Worship Pastor
Full Time, Flex Time, 45-55 hrs/wk (salaried/exempt)
Big Valley Grace is a Christ-centered church that worships every weekend in multigenerational gatherings, connects in authentic community, grows in obedience to God’s Word, serves others with our God-given talents, and reaches our local & global communities
with the love of Jesus.
BVGCC is seeking a dynamic Associate Worship Pastor to be the primary worship leader for two gatherings: The Venue (Sun. 9 & 11 AM) and Celebrate Recovery (Tues. 6:30 PM).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & RELATED DUTIES
- The Associate Worship Pastor will uphold and exemplify expectations of pastoral leadership and spend approximately 40% of the time providing spiritual and worship leadership to ministry volunteers and the congregation, by engaging, inspiring and coaching
volunteers and participants.
- Provide caring leadership to Venue community
- Recruit, organize and schedule volunteer worship teams
- Up to 3 nights out per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday) on a regular basis and can exceed that amount during peak seasons of ministry activity
- Care investment in worship team members outside of rehearsals (i.e. counseling, shepherding, fellowship)
- Musical investment in worship team members
- The successful candidate will spend approximately 30% of the time creatively contributing to the collaborative planning of events and services.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with Weekend Production Team & Recovery Ministry Leadership Team; select songs and arrangements for Gatherings
- The individual will spend approximately 20% of the time efficiently and effectively creating, organizing and/or arranging music to support the team’s focus and goals.
- Will oversee arranging and technical production of musical elements for all weekend gatherings and various special events (stage tracks, arrangements, etc.)
- Mature Christian who meets Biblical qualifications for leadership and has the desire and ability to care for people
- Strong people, leadership and team building skills
- Agrees with and passionately communicates the philosophy of BVGCC
- Teachable and humble spirit
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leadership and worship/music ministry
- Proficiency in one or more instruments (keyboard/piano skills preferred)
- Strong vocal ability and engaging stage presence
- Expertise in music technology software (i.e. Pro Tools, Digital Performer and Ableton)
- Flexibility and the ability to troubleshoot on the fly
- Familiar with Planning Center and Pro Presenter software
Screening for this position will begin immediately.
Applications are due by Dec. 31, 2017. Applicants should e-mail a PDF resume to HR@bvg.org
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact Hrayr Santourian at (209) 577-1604 ext. 306.
Applicants may be subject to Life scan background check, credit check, and reference check.