The Executive Director of Communications is responsible for oversight at the direction of the Lead Pastor of all communication aspects of the web, communications (print and digital), media and internal communications to glorify the Lord and to encourage
and make disciples.
The Executive Director of Communications is responsible for the strategy and implementation of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale’s (CCFL) core and regional campuses marketing, communications, public relations, branding, signage, visitor experience and ministry
strategies. This position leads and implements a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to advance the brand and reputation of CCFL’s core and regional campuses, to expand and engage new and existing audiences in support of CCFL’s core and regional
campuses mission and vision. This position leads brand and institutional positioning through a broad range of communication channels. This position collaborates with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastors on institutional communication and with other departments
and ministries regarding content strategy, philanthropy and programming to drive both social impact and engagement and attendance targets.
- Oversee Directors for Communications, Media, and Web by setting the direction for the teams and empowering them to oversee their departments day-to-day activities including establishing priorities, coaching and development.
- Manages church branding and is accountable to convey the mission and vision of CCFL’s core and regional campuses in alignment with the heart of our Lead Pastor.
- Develop and provide direction for branding initiatives both to internal and external audiences.
- Provide creative art direction and oversight of leaders in all aspects of communications for the church, staff, board, and community at large.
- Responsible for the oversight of content development throughout all channels, mediums, and technology for CCFL’s core and regional campuses. Including but not limited to web, print, digital, and video content as it relates to weekly services, ministries,
concerts, special events, staff, community projects and any/all media campaigns.
- Responsible for oversight of the creation and launching of marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for driving consistent and precise strategy and message development and announcement strategies.
- Oversee development of internal communication, culture development, brand communication strategy and opportunities to share publicly.
- Be a liaison to the Lead Pastor and partner with other senior leaders (Executive Pastor of Administration and Campuses and the Executive Pastor of Ministries) for all messaging, copy, and content in their respective channels.
- Manage the overall organizational and church brand and reputation, being a brand evangelist and advocate for the church and its constituents.
- Oversees the development of communication opportunities for both internal and external audience, including but not limited to: press releases, newsletters, monthly bulleting, emails, annual reports, social and blog posts, videos, in-service communications,
- Oversees the direction of all Calvary Chapel web sites.
- Works with outside consultants and freelance personnel to accomplish projects.
- Provides vision and approval of the overall look, feel and function of the web site and other communication channels – e.g. social media, etc.
- Oversees the management and establishes budgets, expenditures, and vision for the teams.
- Researches and develops communication strategies and execute programs to deliver communication objectives throughout all aspects of the church.
- Develops communication strategies for delivery of church culture and business strategy.
The Executive Director of Communications reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Strong commitment to the Philosophy and Statement of Faith of Calvary Chapel.
- In depth understanding of God’s Word/theology.
- Ability to counsel using God’s Word.
- Gifts of Teaching, Administration, Leadership, Discernment, Exhortation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Previous experience (7-10 years) managing organizational communication, creative, and/or marketing teams with a high level of expertise on the functioning of those areas.
- Knowledgeable about design, marketing, and communications principles. Non-profit communications experience highly preferred.
- Ability to delegate and to oversee the development staff, team members, church community, and volunteers.
- Ability to confront and negotiate.
- Ability to execute a creative vision.
- Must have an open flexible schedule and be able to travel for ministry needs.
- Keeps confidential matters confidential.
- Flexible with good time management skills
- Is occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisors.
- Interpersonal Skills and communication
- Functional Expertise
- Personal Effectiveness
- Leadership Skills