As the chief communications strategist, the Communication Director will lead and provide strategic oversight for church-wide marketing and communications. This position will oversee the marketing and communication of the church’s brand and message through
various media to ensure accurate, creative, and consistent tone, look, voice, and delivery. The position will work in collaboration with department heads/ministry leaders to develop a comprehensive communications strategy, which includes marketing/communications
for PR, content marketing, digital marketing, social media, electronic newsletters, and print materials. The successful candidate for this role will be an expert at capturing the life-changing stories happening within the lives of ACC attendees and create
multiple mediums to communicate these stories.
Spiritual gifts of Evangelism, Leadership, Discernment, and Administration
TALENTS AND ABILITIES:
Creative Communication: You have a God-given ability to use the arts to visually or verbally communicate God’s truth, challenging people to consider Christ’s message and drawing them to worship God in fresh ways. You are very artistic, creative, and expressive.
- Being the primary brand advocate; by stewarding the public image of the church both internally and externally.
- The communication strategy of Arundel Christian Church; including (but not limited to) our website, social media, mobile app, online community (Church Community Builder), video, slides, bulletins, and other print materials.
- Championing the church's vision and being the key person to strategize how it is messaged and communicated across different mediums.
- Ensure that system and equipment failures are reported, replaced, and repaired.
- Managing/producing video announcements for our weekend services.
- Developing himself/herself to be current on trends, learning best practices and networking with other communication professionals.
- Collaborating with Pastors and ministry leaders about upcoming message series and major events or programs.
- Publishing and pushing weekly sermons onto different platforms with the goal of reaching as many as possible.
- A passion for the team, staff culture, excellence, and faithfulness.
- Exemplifying a godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership to our church family.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to focus on details, multitask and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- A willingness and openness to be pastored and coached, to include accepting constructive criticism.
- Able to navigate all aspects of production, message development, design, social media, and marketing.
- Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude.
- A Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Director of Communications. However, it is likely that they will hold a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related fields from an accredited college or university. An
advanced degree in Marketing and/or Communications is preferred but not required. The successful candidate will have a proven track record and experience in marketing, advertising, internal/external communication, media, and public relations, whether within
a business, church, non-profit, or other settings.
- Proven experience in team-building, creative thinking, systems management, and problem-solving is required. Exceptional technical skills in written and oral communication, graphic design, web, and multimedia including experience with the most current software
tools available in the marketplace will be needed in this role.
ACC Staff Culture Values
- Contagious Fun: Our potential is greatest when there's joy in being together. Balancing work and play, we create environments where others love to join us.
- Relentless Follow-Through: We prioritize people because we care about them. Therefore, we do our best to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Impactful Excellence: With our given resources, we intentionally lean into our strengths to do the best we can to glorify God and build up people.
- Stewardship of Life: Since we can't give what we don't have, we will invest in a healthy body, mind, and soul for ourselves and our families.
- Personal Ownership: Working towards team and self-improvement, we will own our mistakes, accept critique, and thrive in our unique strengths.
- Strategic Flexibility: Because church can be messy, we commit to collaborate as we're led by the Holy Spirit and to improvise when necessary.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor
- Works with other areas of ministry within Arundel Christian Church toward broader mission and vision.
Position Structure and Level
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000 and Strong Benefits
Organization: This Position is Part of ACC’s Ministry Staff
Classification: Full-Time/ Ministry Staff
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter, resume along with references, and links to any of your video and/ or visual samples to our Hiring Committee at email@example.com.