Job Title: Youth Minister
Celebration Church is a Suburban Atlanta growing church located near Chateau Élan and the Mall of Georgia in the North Gwinnett County / South Hall County area. The church has two Sunday services, dynamic children and youth opportunities midweek, and ongoing
Job Summary: This dynamic student minister’s purpose is to inspire middle and high school students to love Christ, live as He would, and to love our world to a life giving relationship in Him.
- Plan, develop, and implement a balanced youth ministry (grades 6 -12) in group building, worship, discipleship, mission and leadership
- Advocate for youth and the congregation. Educate others about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the church and the community
- Coordinate youth ministry experiences such as: Sunday Morning Bible Study, Wednesday Night Youth Program, mission trips, youth camps, and other activities that help youth grow in their faith
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth to ensure an adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios
- Plan and implement regular meetings (minimum of quarterly) with youth leaders’/youth council to make plans in coordination with church calendar for youth activities.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
- Promote youth activities within the church through bulletins, mailings, announcements, phone calls, social media and other communications tools in a timely manner; encourage the support of the youth program by the church family
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries
- Keep records of youth participation and manage youth ministry budget
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways (lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitations, and times of crisis)
- Ensure that youth are in a safe environment by adhering to safety protocol as set forth by church
- Work cooperatively with other church staff in other church events/services as requested
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven success in youth ministry program planning, implementation, and execution
- Strong Communication Skills
- An exceptional ability to work well within a staff group environment.
- Driven to meet and exceed personal and professional standards of productivity
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn
- An outstanding ability to handle conflict and coach both student and student-parent relationships
Commensurate with education and experience.
Interested applicants may send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org