WellSpring Christian Church, a growing church of nearly 900, is seeking an innovative, organized, energetic and spiritually mature person to be our next Children’s Minister. The ideal candidate is someone with a passion for equipping parents to be the spiritual
leaders in their kid’s lives. You get bonus points if you love camps and summer programs.
WellSpring is in Spring Hill, TN which is 35 miles south of downtown Nashville. Spring Hill is an extremely fast-growing community of 40,000 with nationally-recognized schools and a high-quality of life.
The salary package is competitive and is commensurate with education and experience. Our staff is also a close-knit family. So if you are interested, please check out our website: wellspringchristian.org for more information about the church and the ministry
description. And if interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please rest assured that we are not looking for a PERFECT person. We are simply looking for the RIGHT person...God’s person...for this position. We have prayerfully considered what type of person will fit into the culture here at WellSpring, and the following
is our best attempt to describe what they might look like. Ultimately, we are looking for a person with the right qualities, not qualifications.
Vision for the Children’s Minister
To be an innovative, organized, energetic, and spiritually mature follower of Jesus who oversees our ministries to children; helping children and families follow Jesus.
~ Must have strong work ethic, strong family relationships and an intimate relationship with God.
~ Must see role as minister as a calling and not “just a job”.
~ Demonstrate a love for being used by God in ministry.
~ Demonstrate Godly principles in personal and home life.
~ Must be able to pass a criminal records background check.
~ Ability to work with other staff, children’s ministry workers, families.
~ Ability to relate to children.
~ Fully engage in WellSpring community, along with spouse and family, if applicable.
~ Support of beliefs, vision, and leadership of WellSpring Christian Church.
~ Must have a working mastery of the Bible and able to use it as a resource for his/her ministry.
~ Must be able to lead a child to Christ.
~ Gifts, talents, and training align with prescribed responsibilities.
~ Strategic thinker.
~ Able to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
~ Able to face and resolve conflict.
~ Strong decision making ability.
~ Ability to delegate and the willingness to ask for help when appropriate.
~ Strong planning and organizational skills.
~ Must be efficient with computers and related software.
~ Preferably trained in CPR and First Aid.
Responsibilities (in order of priority)
Member of the Staff Team
- Develop a supportive relationship with each staff member.
- Attend staff meetings and planning sessions.
- Work with other staff members on church wide events and Family Services.
- Pray for other staff members.
- Demonstrate willingness to sacrifice personal or ministry priorities for the overall health of the church.
- Support the financial aspects of the church by compiling and following an appropriate and approved budget and following Financial Team guidelines.
- Help provide pastoral care as appropriate.
- To collaborate with the Youth Ministry in creating a seemless transition between the children’s and student’s ministries.
Leadership of the Children’s Ministry
- Willingness to be personally led by God.
- Participate in events such as ministerial meetings, camp, and church wide events with a network of Christian Churches in middle Tennessee.
- Oversee the culture and programming of the children’s ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Lead the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team effectively and efficiently.
- Encourage the concept of team building in all areas.
Leadership of Volunteers
- Train workers in practical methods of teaching in the church setting.
- Ensure all classes, programs, and events are adequately staffed and oversee the development of contingency coverage plans.
- Develop and train all workers in safety and security procedures.
- Be comfortable and have knowledge to serve in every area of Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee scheduling of volunteers.
- Develop relationships and offer pastoral care to children of all ages, parents, workers, and the larger church.
- Communicate and encourage teachers, helpers, and support volunteers.
- Participate in classrooms, meetings, events of the children’s ministry and church wide events.
- Demonstrate a passion for reaching those far from God.
- Organize and implement creative ways to reach out to children in our community.
- Be present in children’s conversion process. Present for Baptism talks, Baptisms and decision follow-up.
- Spend regular time in prayer for workers, families, and the lost.
- Spend time teaching children and parents via Sunday morning and various theme-based classes for adults.
- Equip parents with tools to develop as household spiritual leaders.
- Evaluate, attain and distribute curriculum.
- Provide appropriate resources for classroom volunteers.
- Plan, Organize and Facilitate Children’s events throughout the year.
- Oversee all media(social, audio and video) for ministry.
- Make sure Children’s classes are set-up for learning.
- Oversee all communication from ministry to families.
- Oversee all children’s mailings (Miss You card, Visitor Cards, Birthday Cards).
- Monitor Child Safety.
- Background Check Volunteers.
- Oversee check-in procedures.
A. Any other duties agreed upon or as assigned by the executive minister and/or senior minister.
LINE OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Children’s Minister > Executive Minister > Senior Minister > Elders