The Lead Pastor is responsible for working with the church leadership team to cast vision and lead Crossroads Mennonite Church. The position is full-time and salary is commensurate to responsibilities with consideration given to applicant’s experience and
Crossroads is a multi-cultural church located in the heart of Lancaster City, a thriving and ethnically diverse city in South Central PA. Lancaster is a growing economic hub between DC and New York, America's 'refugee capital,' and offers what many describe
as the 'best of both worlds,' where the historic farms and rolling hills of Lancaster County surround a vibrant city with a burgeoning arts district and top universities.
Crossroads is strategically positioned to have a significant impact in Lancaster, especially in SE Lancaster. It was called the "most racially and culturally diverse church in Lancaster" and has a vision of rebuilding a neighborhood, day-to-day ministry,
where the doors are always open and the church is a conduit of the presence and power of the living God. Crossroads is part of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference of churches (https://www.lancasterconference.org/)
The church is excited about this new season and is praying and fasting to draw closer to God's heart, meeting weekly for prayer and fellowship gatherings, and inviting local pastors and ministry leaders to preach on Sunday mornings.
We are in an active search process and the leadership team is meeting bi-weekly for prayer and to review applications.
Crossroads is a Jesus-centered church in the Anabaptist tradition that seeks to fulfill the Great Commission and collaborate with Jesus to see 'on earth' as it is 'in heaven.'
Qualified candidates will be a leader who passionately loves God will all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and loves and cares for their neighbors in ways that will draw them into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Qualified candidates will:
- maintain a consistent devotional life of prayer and Bible study,
- demonstrate the evidence of the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23),
- celebrates and fosters ethnic and cultural diversity,
- develops leaders and disciples who make disciples,
- have evidence of God’s call on their life and meet the qualifications of an elder given in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:2-3,
- embody observable Christ-like behavior with family, friends, and community, and
- possess a personal history of fulfilling Jesus’ Great Commission.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Preferred 5 years of pastoral leadership experience, ideally within a multi-cultural church, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of Anabaptist theology and a willingness to commit to Mennonite values.
A qualified candidate must be a team builder who is:
- a strong leader who models, equips, and inspires others to do the work of ministry (Ephesians 4),
- able to clearly communicate a compelling vision of ministry for the church, and
- able to lead inter-generational discipleship movement in the church that empowers and mobilizes the church to fulfill its calling as the body of Christ.
- Provide spiritual leadership to the church.
- Serve as primary communicator on weekend services.
- Preach biblical and dynamic sermons that draw people into intimacy with Christ and His redemptive mission in the world.
- Ensure inter-generational discipleship of individuals and families.
- Develop leaders.
- Provide administrative leadership to the staff.
Interested applicants should fill out an application form:
(Please copy and paste link into browser)