PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2zbnafW
About the Organization:
New Life first gathered for worship on November 25, 1956. They met in Amphitheater High School and were named Amphitheater Baptist Church. God gave a vision to the members of Emery Park Baptist (which had been planted by First Baptist Tucson) to plant a
church strategically located to reach Tucson as it grew further North and West. Twenty-six people implemented that vision, and New Life was born. Within a few years the church was able to purchase property on West Prince Road in northwest Tucson.
In 1998 New Life called Greg Lavine as their senior pastor. Under his leadership there was rejuvenation in the church, which eventually let to a change of name and the sale of the Prince Avenue property to purchase their current location. New Life moved
into their new 4900 West Cortaro Farms Road site in June of 2010 and were immediately blessed with the challenge of rapid numerical growth.
They stretched, learned, and matured as they adjusted to that growth and now rejoice to be where God has put them today. As New Life celebrates 60 years, they are growing into their vision: To Cultivate a Community that Enjoys God and Transforms the World
Through the Gospel.
Location: Tucson, AZ
About the Position:
Mission and Strategy of Creative Arts Director
The Creative Arts Director (CAD) leads the Creative Arts Ministry of New Life to fulfill the Mission and Vision of the church according to the Creative Arts Ministry Philosophy.
Role of Creative Arts Director
- To work in CONJUNCTION with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Elders to champion and implement New Life’s vision in the context of creative arts.
- To PARTNER in creating an environment in worship services where New Life’s Creative Arts Ministry Philosophy is fulfilled. This is summarized in five points of creating an environment in worship services where people:
- Experience the bigness of God.
- Feel God’s love.
- Engage corporately with the Body.
- Sacrificially lay down personal preferences.
- Are motivated toward next steps.
- He or she CHAMPIONS New Life’s vision by recruiting, training, and leading a thriving Creative Arts ministry (Musicians, Sound, Tech, Stage Design, ASL)
- A committed Christian who demonstrates CHRIST’S character and who will participate and engage in the New Life community.
- Be the primary WORSHIP LEADER for the weekend services.
- Work with the teaching team to DESIGN and coordinate the weekend services with a consistent message that leads the congregation to experience the bigness of God and to feel His touch (song selection, order of service, welcome time, communion, baptisms).
- IMPLEMENT AND OVERSEE a team that will produce live streaming of all services, video on demand, unique online church experiences.
- SHEPHERD the Creative Arts Ministry team at New Life, recruiting and developing the team spiritually, relationally, and creatively while cultivating a unity within the team.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Creative Arts Director:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
3-7 years of experience. Experience with multi-site churches would be a plus.
- A life-long learner.
- Be aligned with the New Life’s:
- Vision and Mission
- 30 Core Competencies and Teaching Doctrinal Statement
- Staff Culture
- Creative Arts Philosophy of Ministry
Competencies & Heart
To Fit Within Our Staff:
- Loving: We engage in one another’s lives as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Collaborative: We share and work as a team toward common goals.
- Humble: We honor one another in our actions and attitudes.
- Trustworthy: We are a team where it is safe to freely share ideas and feelings and are accountable to one another.
- Prayerful: We pursue God together and depend on him for limitless results.
- Hard Working: We develop our skills and diligently use them with excellence.
- Fun: We infuse our work with joy and laughter.
To Function In This Job:
- Gifted musically
- A strong leader
- Developer of people (staff or volunteers)
- Tender to the Spirit’s leading
- Clear organizer and planner
About the Location:
Tucson, the second largest city in Arizona, has 350 days of sunshine during the year. This weather allows for plenty of time for golf, tennis, biking, hiking, horseback riding, or sightseeing. Known for its clean, dry air, the metropolitan area of Tucson
has a total population of one million. Residents call it, “a big city with a small city feel.”
With great golf and tennis resorts, guest ranches, restaurants, and large annual events such as the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, tourism brings in $2 billion and 3.5 million visitors annually. The Tucson area boasts the southern-most ski resort in the continental
U.S. in the mountains nearby.
Tucson is home to the University of Arizona (second largest employer in Tucson), whose men’s basketball teams have been to 25 straight NCAA tournaments, and whose women’s softball teams have won 8 national championships.
Raytheon Missile Systems is the largest employer in Tucson. Other companies with a significant presence in Tucson include IBM, Intuit, and Sanofi-Aventis. There are approximately 150 companies manufacturing optics, earning Tucson the nickname of “Optics
Valley.” There is also a large military presence in Tucson, the home of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (home of the A-10 Warthog). There are excellent hospitals and medical facilities in the city. Cultural attractions span a wide variety from annual rodeos and
art shows to the Tucson Symphonic Orchestra founded in 1929.
The population of Tucson is approximately 47% white, 40% Hispanic, 5% African American, and 3% Native American. Well-known people who are from or have lived in Tucson include: Jerry Bruckheimer, John Denver, Farah Fawcett, Barry Goldwater, Craig T. Nelson,
Linda Rondstadt and Geraldo Rivera, and many others.
Whatever the reason—weather, educational institutions, clean and dry air, affordable housing, employment, retirement, or just the beautiful southwest—Tucson, the 33rd largest city in the United States, is a great place to live!
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2zbnafW