Pastor of Worship and Adult Discipleship
The purpose of the worship and adult discipleship pastor will be to lead and develop the worship and adult discipleship ministries of FBC.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Direct the worship ministry
a) Work collaboratively with supervisor to prepare the Sunday morning services.
b) Develop a recruitment, discipleship, and training process for the Praise Teams.
c) Lead and oversee Praise Teams on Sunday mornings and during weekly practices.
d) Oversee the A/V team and manage any A/V technologies associated with the worship service.
e) Set annual goals for worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
f) Prepare and manage a worship ministry budget.
2) Oversee Adult Discipleship Ministry (A Deacon position)
a) Implement a small group ministry that fits within the values of FBC.
i) Develop a recruitment, training and support network for small group leaders.
ii) Create plans for creating and increasing church-wide participation in groups and strategies to make joining a group easier.
iii) Selection/development and implementation of Small Group curriculum.
iv) Lead one of the adult small groups.
v) Equip each small group to adopt a Yearly Missional/Service Goal
b) Oversee Adult Ministry Teams
3) Attend and participate in daily (M-Th) staff prayer meetings and other meetings as they pertain to the position
4) Represent FBC positively in all verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
5) Follow and support established policies for building and equipment use, and develop techniques to address issues in a manner that is consistent with FBC goals and philosophy
5) Work collaboratively with FBC staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the ministries and events of FBC
6) Set an example for others to follow. It is essential for church leaders to be role models and consistently walk with the Spirit. This may be expressed by transparency in a personal relationship with Christ, intense prayer life, continual dependence
on grace, servant-heart for others, strong team work ethic, flexibility, a teachable spirit, authentic love for non-believers and desire for them to know Christ, balanced relational life with family and others, and a balanced financial condition.
7) Other assignments as requested by church leadership
Experience and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 years leading a praise team
· Strong small group leadership experience.
· Education: bachelor’s degree required and seminary degree preferred.
· A strong walk with God through a growing walk with Jesus Christ.
· Humble, with a desire to grow in personal faith and abilities as a praise and adult discipleship leader.
· A self-motivator.
· Has a desire to see volunteers’ discipled through relational ministry.
· Strong musical and leadership skills.
· A team player – works well with others to reach a common goal.
· A strong leader
· Meets Biblical qualifications for a deacon
FBC desires to encourage and support staff in a driven, authentic and joyful ministry together. We desire each staff person to be fulfilled and thriving in his relationship with God, spouse (if married), and family (if children). This job description does
not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the staff member holding this position. Staff members are required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Expectations and Compensation:
1) Full time – Approximately 40% Worship, 40% Small Groups, 10% Adult Ministries, 10% other duties as assigned
2) Remain flexible in light of a constantly unfolding ministry environment
3) Salary: Based on experience
How to Apply:
Please see our website at www.fbcofer.org/employment for more information about the position and to download the applicant questionnaire. If interested, please submit your resume, completed applicant questionnaire, and a video link of you leading worship
to Pastorjohn@fbcofer.org with the subject title 'Application for Worship/Discipleship Pastor'.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest.