PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2iQ11xW
About the Organization:
Ozaukee Congregational Church is a faithful, welcoming church family of about 200 members, who sincerely care about each other. They celebrate their Christian faith together and strive to put it into practice through their church and in their daily lives.
They are committed to making their community a better place and to giving respectful acceptance to everyone. Their services are relaxed, engaging and lean more toward traditional than contemporary. A recent survey of members shows a willingness to embrace
change and a desire for new energy, youth, and diversity in their congregation.
An effective leader and preacher will find a great opportunity to join them on their faith journey and to build programs and membership. This church holds much promise and our committed, loving and supportive congregation is ready to follow a new spiritual
Denomination: Congregational Church
Location: Grafton, WI
About the Position:
The Senior Minister, under the direction of the Church Council, is in charge of the spiritual welfare of the church. The Senior Minister will serve as the chief communicator, biblical teacher, and visionary at Ozaukee Congregational Church.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preaching the Gospel, above all things. In addition to this important aspect of his or her role, the Senior Minister will also administer sacraments, lead all services of worship, provide pastoral care, and
shepherd the members and visitors to Ozaukee Congregational Church.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Minister:
The successful candidate will, at minimum, hold a degree from an accredited seminary. An advanced degree in Biblical studies, seminary training or divinity is strongly preferred. In addition, the ideal candidate will have been or willing to be ordained in
ministry, and must become a member of the church before being installed or during the installation process.
Five plus years of experience with a proven record of success in previous leadership roles is required.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A chemistry with the people of Ozaukee Congregational Church that "fits."
- An excellent preacher/teacher who communicates biblical truth in a warm, authentic, and inviting style that is free from political or personal agenda.
- An unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and equipping them with biblically based tools for life.
- High relational skills and an infectious love for people.
- A doctrine that matches that of the OCC family.
- A high loyalty to Christ, the local church, and the community.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with an unusually strong work ethic.
- An ability to recruit and retain members.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- A strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization; one who thrives on providing the necessary support for others to succeed.
- Energy and enthusiasm yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
- Compassion and empathy towards people in need both inside and outside the congregation.
- A welcoming presence and likeable spirit – someone who is approachable and friendly.
- A sense of humor – don’t take yourself too seriously. The use of humor in your message and preaching is encouraged when appropriate.
- A good listener with ability to discern, counsel, and guide.
- Thoughtful and inspiring preaching style with culturally relevant messaging and ability to connect with people of all ages, including children.
- Ability to attract young families by creating a welcoming environment, preaching style and pastoral temperament.
- An acceptance of people from all walks of life.
About the Location:
Ozaukee County, Milwaukee, and the Town of Grafton, as well as surrounding areas, host an amazing range of activities, with beautiful nature areas and an abundance of fun for all ages. Ozaukee Congregational Church is situated in the midst of this area,
20 miles north of Milwaukee in the town of Grafton. There are about 46,000 people in the areas of Cedarburg, Grafton, Mequon, and Port Washington, which is just minutes away from Lake Michigan. Grafton has about 11,000 people living there, giving it a cozy,
Local public-school districts rate among the top in statewide testing and college readiness. Several institutions of higher learning are within 25 miles of the church including University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Marquette University. Friendly people and
quiet neighborhoods with affordable, quality housing is readily available.
Milwaukee is located on the beautiful western shore of Lake Michigan, 90 minutes north of Chicago. Milwaukee is a city that contains diverse neighborhoods, celebrates all four seasons, with the apple blossoms and emerald carpets in spring, the refreshing
lake breezes of summer, the brilliant colors of fall and the glistening, peaceful snows of winter.
Milwaukee represents a unique blend of history combined with an evolving future as an innovative city center. It has been a center of commerce since the Potawatomi Indians first settled along the shores of the Menomonee River and Lake Michigan hundreds of
years ago. Today, it is a global center for advanced manufacturing, electronic commerce, financial services, food and beverage producers, printing, and green technologies. The region’s research facilities and manufacturing plants are paving the way for new
medical technologies, battery-powered cars, and alternative power solutions that will define the 21st Century. It is home to several global technology companies, including Rockwell Automation, GE Healthcare, Astronautics Corporation of America, Johnson Controls,
Modine Manufacturing, SC Johnson and Quad/Graphics. Milwaukee also is home to several leaders in the financial and service industries, including Northwestern Mutual, Manpower Group, Kohl’s Corp., and Fiserv. The city is an excellent place to live from an employee’s
perspective as well. Per capita, it has the second-highest concentration of best companies to work for, according to the Great Places to Work Institute.
It is a city both big enough to offer professional sports and world-class performing arts, yet small enough to navigate with ease. From May through September, the city vibrates with a dizzying array of outdoor activities, including parades, music festivals,
ethnic celebrations, church socials, bicycle races, sailing regattas, block parties, and art fairs. For sports fans, there’s a year-round menu of events that includes professional basketball, baseball, football, soccer, and hockey games, as well as NCAA Division
1 college basketball.
There are many reasons why the Milwaukee area is a good place to live, and here are a few:
- Ranked among News & World Report’s Best Places to Live in 2017
- One of the top 10 communities for young professionals, according to Forbes
- Ranks 11th in the nation and 2nd in the Midwest for the influx of millennials among large metro areas
- A living standard that is among the best in the country
- Ranked among the top 12 communities in the nation for its cultural art offerings
With billions of dollars being invested in the region’s entertainment, housing, retail, office space, and transportation infrastructure, the Milwaukee Region is poised for its greatest growth in more than a generation. Milwaukee’s ‘can do’ mentality, ideal
location, educated workforce, and forward-facing economy have positioned the region for growth.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2iQ11xW