Rock Point is proud to call the Town of Queen Creek its home. Located just 35 miles southeast of Phoenix, Queen Creek offers an exceptional climate (with 330 days of sunshine annually), natural recreational activities and a relaxed lifestyle. Queen Creek's
approximately 31,000 residents enjoy the benefits of small-town living close to a metropolitan area. Rock Point also borders the cities of Chandler and Gilbert. Gilbert is the 2nd safest city and the 7th happiest city in America. In the next decade, Gilbert’s
population is expected to reach 330,000.
Rock Point Church is a vibrant and growing church that owns 37+ acres of land in Queen Creek. Currently, the church is in the design phase to construct its second campus building, which will include a new 1,350 seat worship center and new/renovated Youth
The Production Director has the primary responsibility for supporting and providing all necessary production elements for weekend services. This position is integral in the weekly planning process, volunteer management/development/recruitment, equipment purchasing/maintenance,
and plays a key role in the implementation of those elements during the weekend services. This role is also responsible for supporting various weekday events and classes for Rock Point and its various ministries.
Classification: Exempt; Salary // Status: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week) //
Team: Production // Supervisor: Lead Director, Josh Winters
- Saturdays | 10:30a – 8p
- Sundays | 7a – 1p
- Remaining hours are flexible to be completed Monday - Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for Worship Pastor and speaker for weekend services and special events;
- Management, support, and scheduling of production team volunteers for weekend services and special events;
- Development, support, and appreciation of production volunteers;
- Troubleshooting of technical issues during weekend services;
- Provide production support for special events, or service elements;
- Production equipment maintenance and installation including new equipment installation and purchasing;
- Troubleshooting of equipment issues;
- Regular maintenance and replacement of equipment;
- Management of the production budget;
- Weekday support of other ministry AVL needs including;
- Set-up and tear down of production equipment;
- Troubleshooting of issues in other ministry environments;
- Occasional running of equipment for classes or events; and
- Training of other ministry volunteers on AVL equipment.
- Special Services planning and implementation;
- Required availability for all special services (Easter, Christmas, back to school etc.);
- Creative planning for set/lighting changes; and
- Keeping all equipment up to date with current “stable” versions of software and firmware.
To perform the job successfully, individual should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to
build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one-year production experience
PREFERRED SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Post high school education with emphasis on music production or other applicable training;
- Experience working in a church environment; and
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and will occasionally be required to do some lifting (up to 50 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Model Biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model Biblical commitment and become a covenant member of Rock Point Church;
- Model Biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model Biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model Biblical community; and
- Model Biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church.