Rock Point is proud to call the Town of Queen Creek its home. Located just 35 miles southeast of Phoenix, Queen Creek offers an exceptional climate (with 330 days of sunshine annually), natural recreational activities and a relaxed lifestyle. Queen Creek's
approximately 31,000 residents enjoy the benefits of small-town living close to a metropolitan area. Rock Point also borders the cities of Chandler and Gilbert. Gilbert is the 2nd safest city and the 7th happiest city in America. In the next decade, Gilbert’s
population is expected to reach 330,000.
Rock Point Church is a vibrant and growing church that owns 37+ acres of land in Queen Creek. Currently, the church is in the design phase to construct its second campus building, which will include a new 1,400 seat worship center and new/renovated Youth
facility. We believe we are in an unbelievable position for incredible growth and immediate impact for Jesus.
The College Director oversees all aspects of the college-aged ministry (ages 18-25). This ministry is new, therefore this position includes helping develop, strategize and implement the vision and mission of Rock Point Church’s college ministry, the creation
and implementation of teaching and discipleship material, the organization and execution of events, overseeing a weekly college-aged service and the managing of the college ministry budget.
In addition to the responsibilities as the College Director, the person filling this position will serve as a secondary communicator to our Lead Pastor for our weekend services. This would entail preaching for our main services approximately 5-15 times per
year as needed.
Classification: Exempt, Salary // Status: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week) // Team: College Ministries //
Supervisor: Lead Director, Jeff Larson
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character as an example for college-aged students to follow;
- Agree/Align with the vision, values and doctrinal statement of Rock Point Church;
- Demonstrate C4 Leadership (Calling, Competency, Character, Commitment);
- Ability to bring creativity and artistry to the group environments;
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team;
- Be passionate about discipleship and leadership development;
- Identify and develop a college ministry leadership team;
- Oversee the implementation of Rock Point Church’s vision in the College Ministry;
- Organize and run a weekly college service;
- Be the primary communicator for the College Ministry;
- Develop a plan to get college students involved in community through small groups;
- Plan and execute College Ministry events, camps and retreats;
- Invest in the lives of college students involved in the ministry; and
- Preach in the main adult services as needed.
To perform the job successfully, individual should demonstrate the following:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to
build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change-Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Ministry experience leading a Student or College Ministry in a large church (at least 1,000 people) environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent church experience.
- Demonstrate a calling to Pastoral Ministry.
- Experience preaching in a large group (at least 300 people) service environment.
- 3 years of experience leading in a Student or College Ministry of over 150 in a church of at least 3,000 people.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry related field.
- Working knowledge of Planning Center Online and Church Community Builder.
- Experience recruiting, training and leading a high-octane volunteer team.
- Experience planning and facilitating trainings, large events and retreats.
- Experience managing a ministry budget.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and will occasionally be required to do some light lifting (up to 10 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Model Biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model Biblical commitment and remain a Rock Point covenant member in good standing;
- Model Biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model Biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model Biblical community; and
- Model Biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR JOB BOARD AT: www.rockpointchurch.com/jobs/