Executive Director of Operations and Leadership Development
Job Description: The Jackson Free Methodist Church is an intergenerational congregation with approximately 800 in weekly attendance that is passionate about growing in our love for God and love for others. We desire to engage with people no matter where
they are on their journey with Jesus and want to help people see that real life happens when we learn to worship God, know his Word, plug into community, and compassionately care for the least and the lost.
Hours Per Week: Full Time
Performance Accountability: Reports directly to the Lead Pastor. He/she will receive an annual review reported to the Pastoral Care and Personnel Committee.
- Must be firmly committed to the Lord and must make every effort to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have at a minimum an undergraduate degree, management experience, and be willing to continually grow in leadership education and training.
- Must agree with and practice lifestyle standards consistent with the Free Methodist Denomination as a whole, and JFM in specific.
- Must have the experience and ability to lead leaders and shepherd adults.
- Must be able to organize and lead a number of ministry teams.
Job Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.)
1. Oversee JFM’s Strategic Outcomes
- Work with the Lead Pastor to ensure JFM is moving forward with its strategic outcomes, as well as help the Lead Pastor and Executive Team plan future strategies
- Help the Lead Pastor create a multi-site strategy and plan, and will oversee potential new campuses
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Executive Team to create a leadership development plan that ensures that all volunteer team members are equipped to JFM’s core values
- Will help the Lead Pastor evaluate the effectiveness of JFM’s current ministries and work with the Executive Team to align our ministries to our mission
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Ministry Staff to create an operational budget that helps JFM fulfill its mission and strategic outcomes
2. Oversee JFM Operations and Policies
- Will work with the Lead Pastor to help create and oversee policy that is consistent with the FMCN and the Mission of JFM
- Will oversee our office and facility operations.
- Will help oversee JFM’s operating budget and finance team
3. Staff Development
- Will work with the Lead Pastor to help facilitate on-going communication with the JFM Ministry Staff
- Will work with the Lead Pastor to create formal development plans for review with the PC2
- Will manage score cards for strategic leadership roles and provide monthly updates to the Lead Pastor
- Will work with the Lead Pastor and PC2 to evaluate JFM’s current Ministry Team and provide on-going direction to JFM’s hiring practices
- Will be part of all activities sponsored by the Southern Michigan Conference of the Free Methodist Church.
- Will attend at least one seminar, conference, or other opportunity for personal/professional growth per year, upon the approval of the Lead Pastor.
- Will assist with other projects and administrative details to help with the overall mission and vision of the church under the direction of the lead pastor.