PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2gBpnHj
About the Organization:
At Mountain Ridge, people are valued. This 21-year old church exists to bring people back to God, through the process of following Christ, professing their faith through baptism, and joining a community group. Led by a vision to become a regional church
across multiple communities in the Phoenix area and beyond, the church is based on a 4-step strategy that drives its core values—worship, connect, develop, and engage.
Led by capable leadership and marked by a future of catalytic growth, Mountain Ridge Church makes its foundational beliefs come to life through its core values of being people focused, servant hood, striving for excellence, equipping to ‘send,’ and leading
others to lead others.
Location: Glendale, AZ
About the Position:
The Student Ministry Pastor is responsible for working with the Student Ministry team to provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the ministry of the middle school, high school,
and college environments at Mountain Ridge Church.
The Student Ministry Pastor will serve as the primary communicator for all weekend services and mid-week ministry events. They will lead with the development of new and strategic programming that will impact students, engage with new and younger families,
and that will aid in the growth of student engagement within the ministry of Mountain Ridge Church.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Student Ministry Pastor:
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The successful candidate must be one who has demonstrated several years of development and oversight in full-time student ministry. They will have had experience working as an effective leader of a mid-size ministry team, with the responsibility of providing
vision and discipleship for high school students and ministry leaders. They will be marked by an entrepreneurial work ethic, humility, and an inspirational spirit.
- Proven successes in past ministry leadership roles.
- 3-5 years Experience in ministry or church vocational work.
- Experience in organizing multiple projects and events.
- A gifted communicator who is also a visionary leader that others love to follow.
- Capable of being a self-starter and goal-oriented worker as it relates to student ministry development and programming.
- An ability to recruit, retain, and equip student leaders and parents as volunteers.
- Highly organized; flexible.
- Exemplary oral & written skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth.
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within Mountain Ridge Church.
- Faithfully committed to possess a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of biblical and ethical principles.
- A leader that is energetic and enthusiastic, with the ability to confront issues with wisdom and unyielding determination.
- A desire to foster trust and collaboration among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
About the Location:
Glendale, Arizona is located northwest of Phoenix and is considered part of the Greater Phoenix area. Glendale is the hub of what many people refer to as the ‘West Valley.’ During the past two decades it has been one of the fastest growing cities in the
nation, and is Arizona's 5th largest city.
While no Fortune 1000 Companies are headquartered in Glendale, nearby Phoenix is home to seven, and nearby Scottsdale is home to three more. The top non-government employers in Glendale, Arizona are Banner Health, Wal-Mart, AAA, Arrowhead Hospital, Honeywell,
Humana, Ace Building Maintenance Co, Midwestern University and Bechtel Corporation. In the government Sector, Luke Air Force Base and City of Glendale top the list. There are four elementary and secondary school districts in Glendale. The American Graduate
School of International Management ("Thunderbird") is internationally recognized as one of the best schools in the world for international business. Midwestern University is the first private health sciences school in Arizona. In addition, the Arizona College
of Osteopathic Medicine, Glendale Community College, and Arizona State University’s West Campus are all located in Glendale.
For a city of modest size, Glendale provides a good assortment of arts and entertainment offerings. Close proximity to Phoenix also give Glendale residents and visitors easy access to all of the arts and entertainment offerings of Phoenix, Arizona's largest
city, and the sixth largest city in the United States. For sports enthusiasts, Glendale is home to the National Football League's (NFL) Arizona Cardinals, the National Hockey League's (NHL) Phoenix Coyotes, and the national Lacrosse League's (NLL) Arizona
Sting. Other nearby professional sports offerings includes Major League Baseball's (MLB) Arizona Diamondbacks, the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Phoenix Suns, and the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2gBpnHj