Associate Pastor (Full – Time)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Northwood Church is located in Maple Grove, MN, a northwest suburb of Minneapolis. Northwood is a church of nearly 500 people and we are preparing to begin construction on our first building in the summer of 2018. Currently, Northwood has four full - time
staff, including a Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, Children and Family Pastor and Office Manager. We also have two part - time staff, a Youth Associate and Worship Leader. The church was birthed by Wooddale Church in Eden Prairie, MN, and is affiliated with
the Minnesota/Wisconsin Baptist Convention. Our stated purpose is to help more people believe in Jesus and become more like him. We are seeking to add an Associate Pastor to our ministry team.
The Associate Pastor will assist the senior pastor in pastoral duties and church management. The Associate Pastor is responsible for staff management, business management, adult discipleship, pastoral care, assimilation, outreach and other duties as agreed
- Manage Youth Pastor, Children and Family Pastor and Office Manager
- Lead and manage small group ministry.
- Lead and manage other adult discipleship programs.
- Develop volunteer ministry systems for recruiting, training and support.
- Assist senior pastor in leading and managing outreach ministry and programs.
- Manage church financial systems and lead church – wide stewardship ministry.
- Manage church building facilities.
- Lead and manage Sunday morning FaithStory ministry.
- Develop pastoral care systems and do pastoral care as needed.
- Coordinate Connections Ministry (greeters/ushers/Welcome Table).
- Work with church staff to develop effective assimilation system.
- Lead special ministry initiatives as directed.
- Participate in other ministry functions as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Baccalaureate degree and divinity degree desirable (or pursuing degree(s)).
- Experience managing pastoral or professional staff
- Experience with financial systems
- Ability to understand and relate to adults of all ages, stages and marital status.
- Ability to lead in program design and implementation.
- Endorse and support the Church Covenant and Statement of Faith as stated in the Northwood Church Constitution.
- Evidence a commitment to the Northwood Church Purpose Statement – helping more people believe in Jesus Christ and become more like him.
- Support the traditional evangelical theology for which Northwood Church stands.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Supervises Children and Family Pastor, Youth Pastor, and Office Manager.
- Works with and through volunteer ministry teams.
- Salary: TBD
- PTO: Four-weeks paid vacation with 12 paid holidays
- Ministry Expenses: mileage, meals, books, conferences (as approved)
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Jeanne Lundell at email@example.com.