The objective of the Young Adult Pastor is to cast vision and develop both a comprehensive College Ministry for students in neighboring universities of all Rolling Hills Community Church campuses as well as a strategy for reaching and ministering with emerging
adults in their twenties. The Young Adult Pastor will implement this plan as a member of the RHCC staff team as one who leads, nurtures, and serves the overall church body as we endeavor to fulfill the mission and vision statements of the church. The Young
Adult Pastor will work under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor of Discipleship in cooperation with the Discipleship Team of the church staff in carrying out the five functions of the New Testament church: worship, evangelism, discipleship, fellowship
and ministry for the church. The Young Adult Pastor will lead teams responsible for ministry leadership with college students and emerging adults in their twenties.
- Live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be a servant leader to his or her staff and teams of volunteers, the families, and the overall church body.
- Reach new people for Jesus Christ in the colelge and you adult demographic.
- Grow personally in their own leadership and ministerial abilities by reading, attending conferences and having godly and professional mentors in their life.
- Be involved in the overall life of the church body by actively participating in a community group and all other church-wide events and functions with his or her family.
- Be an excited and contributing member of the RHCC staff team.
- College-level undergraduate degree; additional education is preferred.
- Minimum of three years in church-related ministry or the equivalent experience in working with children in other venues.
- Must be a professing Christian with a true calling and passion for ministry and be/become a member of Rolling Hills Community Church.
- Cast college ministry vision with a continuation of the family ministry vision in mind.
- Cast emerging adult vision with a connection to the Rolling Hills discipleship strategy
- Develop opportunities to expand team learning and equip volunteers
- Partner with campuses as well as other local ministries and mission agencies
- Create and assist well functioning ministry system
In addition to responsibilities to specific Ministry Leadership, the Young Adult Pastor will serve on the larger Rolling Hills Discipleship Team which includes small groups and family ministry areas at all campuses. As we seek to shepherd the whole person
throughout the entire life-cycle, it will be of the upmost importance that each person on the team supports one another and connects the dots from high school to college to emerging adulthood and beyond.