SERIOUS APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY AT evananetwork.org/bayshorelead. Direct applications on Church Staffing are not guaranteed a response.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE COMMITTED TO AN EVANGELICAL ANABAPTIST MENNONITE THEOLOGY as described in Evana Network's Personal Covenant. evananetwork.org/personal-covenant
The Lead Pastor is responsible for working with the church leadership team and staff to cast vision and lead Bayshore Church. The position is full-time and salary is commensurate to responsibilities with consideration given to applicant’s experience, education,
and previous effectiveness. The position is accountable to the Church Leadership Team.
Bayshore Church is an Anabaptist community church that teaches, shares and does life together centered on Jesus in Sarasota, FL. Bayshore values Peace, Simplicity, Hospitality and Jesus. It has an average summer attendance of 220, a winter attendance of
350, and an annual operating budget of $550,000. Bayshore is a mobile church that meets at Sarasota Christian School after having sold their building to better focus on their mission and vision.
Bayshore is located in the heart of Sarasota County in west central Florida. The Sarasota metropolitan region is among America's 20 fastest-growing urban areas, cinching the 11th spot on the list by adding enough new residents last year to create another
city the size of Venice, according to census figures released in 2016. The Sarasota-Manatee region added about 20,000 people in one year. Bayshore Church is a place for real friendship, service, making a difference in children's lives and helping people flourish.
Bayshore seeks to be a Jesus-centered church that gathers, walks and grows together in Christ emphasizing the following three areas:
- Gather together weekly face-to- face for worship, teaching and modeling Christian spiritual practices.
- Walk together the Biblical “one-another’s” in weekly Home Church that creates community and friendships and promotes compassion and discipleship.
- Grow/equip persons to live on mission with the power of the Holy Spirit, sharing Jesus throughout Sarasota/Manatee counties and abroad.
Qualified candidates will be a leader who passionately loves God will all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and loves and cares for their neighbors in ways that will draw them into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Qualified candidates will:
- maintain a consistent devotional life of prayer and Bible study,
- demonstrate the evidence of the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23),
- have evidence of God’s call on their life and meet the qualifications of an elder given in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:2-3,
- embody observable Christ-like behavior with family, friends, and community, and
- possess a personal history of fulfilling Jesus’ Great Commission.
Qualified candidates will have:
- At least 5 years of pastoral leadership experience, ideally within a multi-staff church, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of Anabaptist theology and a willingness to commit to Evana Network's covenant. evananetwork.org/personal-covenant
A qualified candidate must be a team builder who is:
- a strong leader who models, equips, and inspires others to do the work of ministry (Ephesians 4),
- able to clearly communicate a compelling vision of ministry for the church, and
- able to lead inter-generational discipleship movement in the church that empowers and mobilizes the church to fulfill its calling as the body of Christ.
- Provide spiritual leadership to the church.
- Serve as primary communicator on weekend services.
- Preach biblical and dynamic sermons that draw people into intimacy with Christ and His redemptive mission in the world.
- Ensure inter-generational discipleship of individuals and families.
- Develop leaders.
- Provide administrative leadership to the staff.
Serious applicants should fill out an application form. evananetwork.org/bayshorelead