The Youth Director will work closely with the Lead Pastor in developing, organizing and leading the youth ministries (6th-12th grades). This is a part-time position that will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Live a life of an overseer as laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. The youth director must love teenagers while being humble, detailed, and team-oriented. Must be able to follow leadership. Must possess
creativity, excellent communication skills and versed in current social media outlets. Must have the ability to build teams, have teaching skills and the desire to shepherd people. Some form of biblical training (bachelor’s degree or ministry training) with
previous youth ministry experience required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and oversee weekly youth services.
- Teach & preach at youth events.
- Plan, promote and lead camps and special events.
- Lead community outreach programs for youth to participate in.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Be part of the church family.
Lead Youth & Grow Team:
- Lead youth team volunteers.
- Continually cast big-picture vision to youth team volunteers.
- Identify, recruit and train new leaders.
- Develop the youth ministry.
- Work closely with the young adults and Children’s Ministry teams to help assimilate transition to and from youth ministry.