CARMEL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Worship Leader
To lead the people into heartfelt, Spirit-filled worship during the contemporary worship service at 11:00am on Sundays.
This is a part-time, hourly position without benefits not to exceed an average of 7 hours per week.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Minimum $25 per hour.
- Dedicated, growing follower of Jesus Christ.
- Sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit during worship.
- Lives in a manner that is aligned with the teachings of the Bible. (See 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- Good habits in the areas of prayer, personal Bible study, service and generosity.
- Desires to become part of our fellowship at Carmel Presbyterian Church.
- Excellent singing voice. Playing an instrument is desirable but not required.
- Experience leading contemporary corporate worship at a church.
- Agrees with the essential tenants of our denomination found at this link:
Specifically, the Worship Leader’s responsibilities shall include the following Key Result Areas:
- Meets weekly with the Minister of Worship to receive coaching and mentoring and to plan the music and some other elements of the contemporary worship service.
- Leads corporate singing on Sundays as directed by the Minister of Worship.
- At times, leads people into worship through transitional statements during worship.
- Sings solos, duets, etc. as directed by the Minister of Worship.
- As the Worship Leader’s schedule permits, is available to sing and/or lead at infrequent special events.
- Helps with worship as directed by the Minister of Worship.
The Worship Leader is supervised, coached and mentored by the Minister of Worship.
The Worship Leader is initially evaluated after 30, 90, 120 and 365 days. After that, written evaluations are performed annually. In addition, the Worship Leader receives regular feedback and suggestions from the Minister of Worship.
To apply send the following to email@example.com:
- Complete work history
- Academic history including school, degree, major and dates.
- References: current pastor, previous pastor, past or current supervisor, past or current person you supervised (if applicable), colleague who observed your work, and a long-term friend. Additional references that can speak to your emotional and spiritual
maturity are welcome.
- Please include your availability—when would you be available to start?
DATE OF THIS VERSION: 10-20-17