CARMEL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, Carmel, California
POSITION TITLE: Church Accounting/Payroll Specialist
PURPOSE: To provide accounting support and perform various functions within the church accounting software program.
SUPERVISION: The Church Administrator is the supervisor of this position.
STATUS: This is a part-time hourly position consisting of 10-15 hours per week. Schedule is somewhat flexible, but may include working on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience, qualifications and education.
EVALUATION: There will be an evaluation at the end of a 90 day trial period. Thereafter, performance appraisals are carried out annually.
- Perform bi-weekly payroll functions working with an outsourced payroll company
- Receiving and recording offerings and electronic contributions.
- Check signing.
- To provide assistance in onboarding/offboarding employees.
- A growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ and God’s work in the world.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with volunteers and staff, exhibiting accuracy, professionalism and confidentiality.
- The ability to read, write and speak well in English.
- Basic level accounting education required.
- Familiarity with accounting tools and software.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient with 10-key, office machinery, computers, networks, software and the internet—including copiers, phone systems, fax machines, Microsoft Word, Excel, and database systems. Able to become proficient quickly with additional computer programs and
office machines if needed.
- Agreement with the Essential Tenants of our denomination (A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians—ECO) available at
To apply please send a resume and list of references to Bob Spencer (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Carmel Presbyterian Church.
Church website: www.carmelpres.org