Position: Family Pastor
Position Type: Part/Full-time, depending on experience, Salaried
The River is a church in the heart of Kalamazoo, Michigan. We have a passion to serve the lost, the least and the lonely and our community reflects that passion. We are a church full of broken people all learning together what it means to become more fully
what God intended us to be. One of the largest demographics at The River is young families. We are beginning the process of transitioning from a Family Service (children worshipping with parents in our main service) to offering a separate, age-appropriate
experience. We want to see our families thrive and we are looking for a Family Pastor to help us make that happen.
Our dream candidate is someone who:
- Has an evident and active relationship with Jesus.
- Contributes to a positive staff culture.
- Is creative and innovative in their approach to ministry.
- Has a heart for kids and for families as a unit.
And is excited to provide:
- Age-appropriate Sunday morning discipleship experience that kids love.
We want our kids to love coming to church. Creativity and innovation in how we execute this ministry is a big plus.
- Great peer connection for students through 5th grade.
We want to see our kids engaged in a community that provides deep and lasting relationships.
- Provide support and encouragement to parents.
Sometimes our families prefer to worship together in our main service. We love that and we want to provide whatever support we can to make that more practical and meaningful.
In addition, the Family Pastor will:
- Lead and encourage the nursery coordinator in the execution of nursery services for approximately 70 children, from birth to 4-year-olds, on a weekly basis.
- Recruit, train and inspire volunteers toward the vision of this new chapter in family ministry at The River.
- Take an active role in the planning and execution of weekly services and special events at The River.
Please email resume to Family@theriver.info to apply.