Job Title: Recovery Advocate
Reports To: Lead Associate Pastor
Category: Part-time / Salaried / 20 hours a week
Cornerstone Ministries’ Addiction Advocate is responsible for planning, administering, coordinating, supervising and evaluating a comprehensive an addiction recovery program.
- Provide servant leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, objectives and goals of the church.
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Loyal to Cornerstone Ministries, the Pastors and staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian living, espouse a Christian philosophy of life, and belief in the Christian Church and her teachings in accordance with Cornerstone’s stated policies and beliefs.
- Assist others to cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate personal disciplines.
- Assist in conveying Cornerstone’s message and carrying out its mission and leading others toward Christian maturity.
- Provide leadership in creating, planning, administering, coordinating, supervising, and evaluating an effective addiction recovery program within the objectives and vision of Cornerstone Ministries.
- Work alongside Cornerstone Ministries’ caring/counseling teams to provide support for those with substance abuse addiction both within the congregation and those in the community.
- Bring expertise, creativity, and vision in assisting Cornerstone Ministries’ desire to confront societies ongoing alcohol and drug epidemic.
- Equip, recruit, train, support, lead and value volunteers to serve in the addiction recovery program.
- Develop systems to equip volunteers according to Cornerstone’s Equipping standards.
- Develop a clear process for welcoming, equipping and utilizing volunteer teams.
- Engage volunteers in development opportunities through workshops, seminars, and other churches.
- Oversee the development of the annual ministry budget.
- Adhere to financial guidelines and approved budget.
Education, Skills, and Other Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred along with 3 years of ministry related experience.
- Education and experience with issues and addictions such as, but not limited to: alcohol, drugs, and various mental health matters.
- Active member of Cornerstone Ministries within 6 months of hire date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; prior use of a Church Management database helpful.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for relating to church staff and congregation.
- Possess a self-motivating attitude.
- Ability to meet prescribed goals as established by the church.
- Prompt and efficient.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Cleared Adult through Cornerstone’s Safe Place for Kids! Policy.
- Model the highest Christian virtues and personal decorum. (I Timothy 4:12).