Preaching Team Lead - Xenia Campus
Title: Preaching Team Lead - Xenia Campus
Position: Full-Time Salaried
Xenia Campus Size: 150-250 attendees
Summary of Role: The Preaching Team Lead is responsible for proclaiming God’s Word at Apex Xenia gatherings and other gatherings in the Apex network as requested, equipping and facilitating others to preach and teach, communicating the corporate
mission & vision of Apex Community Community in the gatherings, and providing pastoral care as needed.
Philosophy of Gatherings: The House Church is our primary disciple-making vehicle. The gathering is the corporate meeting of house churches. The gathering serves to propel our mission forward in the smaller house church family units living
in pursuit of Jesus on His mission. It serves as a megaphone to put on display the works and character of God while also being a funnel to direct people toward Christ, His Church, and His cause. The big idea here is movement, movement toward God and toward
people. It moves us toward the relational environments of house churches and missional engagement. We want to move a person from the macro to the micro, for it is in the micro that true health, growth, and maturity can be assessed and fostered. God pursues
people to rescue them (coming to them as a missionary God). The gathering strategy, therefore, is focused primarily on equipping and sending, not bringing. While gatherings are geared toward equipping the saints, we continually highlight Jesus and the gospel
realizing unbelievers may be present and we all need to hear the gospel continually.
1. TEACH, PREACH & EQUIP
- Teach/Preach/Equip in the Apex Xenia gatherings
- Teach/Preach/Equip at other gatherings in Region 2 and the Apex Network as needed
- Develop and Lead a training experience to equip a team of communicators (preachers & teachers) for the gatherings and other Apex environments
- Provide coaching and feedback for speakers at Apex Xenia
- Provide additional teaching and training in other discipleship and equipping environments as requested (i.e. Immersions, Pathways of Discipleship, etc.)
- Develop and oversee other equipping ministries as needed and gifted
- Oversee volunteers who serve on the Teaching/Preaching Team
- Oversee the development of the teaching/preaching plan for Region 2 gatherings in cooperation with the Xenia elders and other campus locations
- Oversee the vision for teaching/preaching team growth and multiplication at other locations as laid out by the Region 2 elders
3. PASTORAL CARE
- Perform weddings, funerals, care and counseling along with other elders, staff, and leaders
- Provide coaching and pastoral care for house church leaders, along with the other elders and staff
4. INVEST in and contribute to the growth and effectiveness of Apex Leadership
- Assist in pastoral care of staff as requested by the Apex Xenia Team Lead
- Assist in the equipping and development of staff as requested by the Apex Xenia Team Lead
- Participate in occasional team building events
- Regularly pray for staff and volunteers
5. PERFORM necessary administrative tasks
- Ensure Gathering communication vehicles are accurate and up-to-date
- Oversee the budget for the Teaching/Preaching ministries as directed
- Perform annual performance reviews of the Gathering staff, if any, as directed by the Xenia Team Lead
- Implement the church's policies as directed
6. ADDITIONAL responsibilities
- Participate regularly in Apex gatherings, house churches, and missional efforts
- Participate in staff team meetings
- Perform other duties that may, from time to time, be required
Minimum Educational, Spiritual, and Ability Requirements
- A member of Apex Community Church (i.e. confession of faith; actively involved in House Church leadership)
- Spiritual and moral character/lifestyle consistent with the qualifications of an elder.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and Governance Document of Apex Community Church.
- Knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- FLSA Status: Exempt (i.e. salary)
- Employment Rating: Full-Time
- Qualifies For Special Tax Treatment As A Minister: Yes, if Ordained or Licensed.
- Ministry Area (primary): Gathering
- Accountable To: Apex Xenia Team Lead
If you have a link or audio file to a sermon you have preached, please attach it here:
Resumes may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being Apex Community Church Xenia Preaching Team Lead performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other
than an "at will" employment relationship.