The successful candidate will have a growing relationship with the Lord, have at least three years of experience in successfully leading a student ministry, and will possess the ability to connect deeply with students and their families. A proven track record
of building, equipping, and working with teams is a must for this position, as well as demonstrated experience with expository teaching. A seminary degree is preferred, but not required.
Purpose Statement: The role of the Student Pastor is to oversee and execute the mission of Fellowship Bible Church in the Student Ministry (FSM) for grades 5th – 12th.
- students through formal (Sunday/Wednesday) and informal (discipleship/hanging out/campus time) times together.
- Teaches expository messages during Sunday worship services that are engaging and relevant to students.
- Equips and releases FSM staff to carry out Fellowship’s mission statement.
- Recruits and equips small group leaders for Midweek gathering (small groups).
- Communicates upcoming events and information consistently.
- Leads one weekend retreat for Middle School and one retreat for High School per year.
- Equips students and releases them well into their college and adult years.
Planning & Administration:
- Plans and executes a yearly ministry calendar for FSM.
- Develops a spending plan that funds student ministry for the fiscal year.
- Plans and executes strategic events throughout the year which empower the building of relationships and community within FSM.
- Empowers one office administrative assistant to provide administrative help to FSM.
- Partners with Kids Ministry and College & Young Adults Ministry for cohesive process throughout our next generation ministries.
- Equip parents to lead their students well during these formative years.
- Plans and executes cross-cultural local and global mission trips for Fellowship's student Ministries (FSM)
- Researches and solidifies student mission trip opportunities.
- Develops spending plans for student mission trips.
- Recruits students and provides application process for mission trips.
- Train teams for student mission trips.
- Plans and executes fundraisers for student mission trips.
- Lead or empower leaders for student mission trips.
- Must be a believer in Jesus Christ, mature in faith, and practice.
- Must align with Fellowship’s doctrinal beliefs and ministry model.
- Seminary degree preferred, but not required.
- Three years’ experience in leading a student ministry and teaching expository messages.
- Proven track record of building, equipping, and working with teams.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time