PART-TIME WORSHIP LEADER
Mission Statement: Connecting the Love of Christ to the Heart of the Community
Core Values: Gospel-centered, Life Change, Relationships, Multiplication, Community, Outrageous Generosity, Bold Faith, Diversity
We are looking for someone who not only has gifts for leading worship, but has a pastor’s heart for the lost and broken. We are also looking for someone who can balance the needs of an older generation while making inroads to the next generation.
The worship leader will be responsible for leading worship at LifeChange Church on a weekly basis (48/52 Sundays per year) and will assist the Lead Pastor to find replacements on his/her weeks off.
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be for all areas of Worship Ministry at LifeChange Church including all teams, services, systems, equipment, and rehearsals.
This person is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor/Elders
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for LifeChange in the area of music/ worship/art ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of LifeChange. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple/shepherd those in his/her
sphere of influence.
3. Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday worship service as well as Special Services (Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc)…modeling and leading heartfelt worship – that draws people in, encourages participation,
and points people to Jesus… in an invitational style.
4. Lead weekly rehearsal(s) that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
5. Recruit, audition, teach, and train musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
6. Team scheduling & systems: Manage Planning Center Online/Proclaim and all of it’s functions (or current program). Schedule all worship areas including: Band (Including Singers), Lyrics Team, Sound Team.
7. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
8. If available, attend staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and/or Elder Board.
10. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of LifeChange Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith & Bylaws.
The WL will be expected to be present at all staff, church and leadership meetings/functions (as long as they do not interfere with other vocational obligations) including
• Weekly staff meetings
• Weekly one-on-one w/ the Lead Pastor
• Annual training events and/or leaders retreats
• Monthly churchwide outreach events
This position pays a salary of $275/week w/ four Sunday’s off per year.
It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 10-12 hours per week.
This position has the potential to grow into two services with more hours/compensation.
This position does NOT offer any extra benefits.
Visit us at: lifechangedsm.com