Cross Lane Community Church
Terre Haute, Indiana
Job Title: Creative Arts Pastor
*PLEASE PROVIDE YOUTUBE LINK OF YOU LEADING WORSHIP WITH YOUR RESUME
Summary: We are seeking a worship pastor with key strengths in Sunday morning programming, media and technical skills, and spiritual leadership that can build and sustain a vibrant and dedicated creative arts ministry team.
Mission: To bring people to Jesus by creating and overseeing the weekly worship gatherings, strategically producing creative media elements, and serving in any other pastoral capacities as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Worship Leading
- Serve as primary worship leader in both worship gatherings (9am and 10:30am).
- Create and develop Sunday programming, weekly.
- Disciple the team in understanding the spiritual significance of worship leading.
- Recruit and develop musicians to desired level of musicianship that helps achieve the mission of the worship ministry.
- Schedule musicians weekly and provide sets and song sheets in a timely manner.
- Manage the maintenance and replacement purchases of all band instruments within the purchasing and budgeting guidelines.
- Song Bank: maintain a database for tracking all songs used for worship gatherings.
- Train and schedule worship leaders as needed.
2. Creative Arts
- Lead the innovation and execution of all creative elements (collaboration with staff as needed).
- Develop and lead team creative meetings with worship team.
- Develop graphic designs.
- Expand current worship media and technology.
- Produce and utilize videos to creatively tell stories.
- Design, construct, maintain, and deconstruct all stage designs.
- Oversee all purchasing for construction of stage designs within the budget guidelines.
- Develop and manage the execution of Sunday programming.
- Develop and prepare of all slides and media.
- Recruit and invest in volunteers for the media booth to give the best audio and visual experience.
- Oversee set up and tear down of the stage for extra events (e.g. weddings).
- Shepherd the team by providing strong spiritual leadership.
- Provide leadership to your team by clearly communicating the direction and expectations of this ministry.
- Cultivate a culture of doing life together rather than just making music.
- Provide encouragement and helpful criticism to your team.
- Serve the congregation with strong leadership from the stage during gatherings.
4. Youth Band
- Help lead the vision and execution of the youth band worship team.
- Recruit and train musicians by giving sufficient resources for them to succeed.
- Cultivate an understanding of service and worship leading.
- Coach students in song selection that is congruent with the talent of the band, and in song lyrics that express strong statements of faith.
- Incorporate youth band members into the band for the adult service to give experience and growth opportunities.
5. Other Responsibilities
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Tuesdays at 8:30am).
- Attend monthly elder meetings (First Monday at 6:30pm).
- Officiate weddings and funerals as needed.
- Make hospital visits and help with any other pastoral care requests as needed.
- Special service programming (e.g. Easter, Candle Light).
Reports to: Teaching Pastor
Supervises: Creative Arts Team Leaders and Volunteers and Youth Worship Band