The Technical Arts Director will oversee the tech areas of ministry of Essex Alliance Church, along with the IT areas, and will report to the Executive Pastor and to the Worship & Arts Pastor (W&A). The primary objective is to create an atmosphere conducive
to worship and quality communication through equipping and training volunteers. The Technical Arts Ministry includes audio, video, lighting, staging, projection and media duplication. The position will provide support for weekly rehearsals, all worship gatherings,
and special events. This position will also oversee church-wide Information Technology (IT). The position will be split between W&A and IT support at about a 50/50 ratio.
* Produce an audio/visual worship environment to promote worship by working closely with Worship & Arts Pastor
* Recruit, lead, train, equip and evaluate a volunteer tech team for each venue of worship coordinating schedules to make sure that all venues are supported with qualified volunteer team members
* Provide tech support for all weekend services as well as non-Sunday events (Christmas Spectacular, Easter, Christmas Eve, Off-site Outreach Events, Conferences, Seminars, Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms, Annual Meetings)
* Coordinate stage setup/teardowns with a volunteer team
* Maintain the technology budget
* Oversee duplication of weekly sermon series media (CD/DVD/webpage)
* Provide IT support for all staff, offices and venues
* Maintain A/V systems for all rooms and venues as needed
* Edit audio and video as needed
* Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity
* Be a team player, yet a gifted leader
* An eye for detail
* Not willing to cut corners
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience working full-time in a growing, successful, active church
* Staff experience in a larger church
* Full working knowledge of live production including audio, video, lighting, ProPresenter, Planning Center, I-mag, music, and staging
* Experience leading and supervising production teams, both staff and volunteers
* Strong team building and leadership skills
* Good communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal
* Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative
* Strong work ethic with ability to balance needs of family and home
* Experience should include (for W&A): live audio engineering, monitor mixing (headphones, wedges, in-ear), studio editing software, computer graphics, video editing and production, internet media (podcast, YouTube, iTunes), webpage design
* Experience should include (for IT): computer troubleshooting, Apple/PC support, software update/management, website, email, backup/storage, printers/copiers, network/wifi
* 40-50 hours per week with some flexibility from week to week
* The position will require some evening and weekend working hours to fully support various events and functions
* Current weekly schedule includes supporting all worship services, evening rehearsals (Wed.) and other rehearsals as needed for special events
* Support for IT needs throughout the week (work stations, e-mail, website, network, servers, database, surveillance security, electronic bldg. access, etc.)
Critical values of Essex Alliance Church:
* A passion for God
* Servant leadership
* High standard of excellence
* Maintaining relationships of integrity
* W&A motto: “Worshippers leading others to connect with God”
EAC web site: http://www.essexalliance.org
A quick look at Essex Alliance Church:
* Part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, current average weekly attendance :1600
* Located in Essex Junction, VT, just a few miles from Burlington
* Currently 3 services on Sunday mornings.
* Other venues (that include audio/visual needs): Children’s area, middle-school area, high school area. We also incorporate a video cafe venue for the Sunday services (audio and video piped into an adjoining room close to the sanctuary)
* Making plans to relocate to a new site, will be building a brand-new state of the art facility, with a sanctuary of about 1200 seats.
* Great, loving, hard-working people. Picture perfect summers. Cold snowy winters.
We are looking for a skilled professional. One who has the skills to get the job done with passion and excellence. One who will help us raise the bar, get to the next level, and stay on top of our game. Yet we need to do that with volunteers - people who
are committed to using their skills and abilities for the Lord. The Worship & Arts pastor sees himself as the pastor to the musicians of the church. The Technical Arts Director will ultimately become the shepherd/mentor to the techies of the church. Working
alongside them, teaching them along the way to be their best - to do their job with purpose and passion as unto the Lord. If you would like to help us make that happen, we would like to talk with you.
Please send resumé, along with any additional resources (links, videos, etc.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open and needs to be filled quickly. Salary plus full benefits package.