Pastor of Student Ministry
Job Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Agreement with our church’s vision, goals and statement of faith
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university preferable (some Bible college or Seminary desired)
- At least three years youth ministry
- Experience recruiting & managing volunteers
- Musical/worship leading ability
- Meets qualifications of 1 Tim 3, Titus 1.
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Committed to a ministry philosophy of outreach and discipleship in line with the overall vision of the church.
- A self starter—highly motivated
- Highly Organized
- Has a passion for young people.
- Understands youth culture today
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good role model who is teachable with a track record of learning
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
- Set the vision for the student ministry with a plan to carry it out
- Develop biblical purpose and strategy to the youth ministry that ensures health and growth.
- Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the youth ministry
- Create a culture of youth ministry that engages students in “others first” ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders for student ministry.
- Build and maintain relationships with students both churched and unchurched
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
- Network with other youth workers in the community.
- Set and oversee the youth ministry budget
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services, and activities
- Meet regularly with Lead Pastor
- Create opportunities for ministry and visibility outside the walls of the church.
Depending on experience, education and skill level.
Please send resume and cover letter along with a photo to email@example.com. Please include video or audio of teaching/speaking.