The Assistant Pastor for Student Ministries is called to come alongside parents in the discipleship and biblical education of youth and young adults. He will oversee all Bethel Grace Ministries relating to teens and young adults. To help young people
grow strong in the Lord and reach their neighbors, he will model and encourage an evangelistic lifestyle.
Duties & responsibilities
The Oversight of Youth Ministry Programs from Junior High to College
- Oversee weekly Bible study & fellowship ministries to Junior High, High School and College
- Provide and recruit sound biblical teaching for mid-week Bible Studies and Sunday school classes
- Carry out a purposeful event each month during school year
- Create a summer ministry program with added opportunities for fellowship and invitation of friends
- Carry out annual summer camp trip
- Carry out a short-term mission project each year
- Organize student discipleship groups
- Coordinate student worship ministries
- Be available to counsel/disciple students
Come behind parents in the spiritual upbringing of their children
- Actively pursue relationships with parents
- Hold parent meetings on a regular basis
- Equip parents with resources to help love, disciple, and discipline their children
The Recruitment, Training, Organization and Leadership of Workers
- Administer “Reducing the Risk” screening of all Youth Ministry workers.
- Recruit, train and encourage spiritually mature volunteers from the church membership.
- Hire and oversee student interns for various ministries as resources allow.
- Equip ministry workers by the use of regular staff meetings.
- Make regular contacts with teachers for personal encouragement and assistance.
- Take appropriate measures to appreciate teachers.
The Stewardship of Youth Ministry Resources
- Develop and oversee an annual budget for Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- Create a pleasing, creative and attractive learning environment in youth ministry facilities.
- Care for all resources purchased for educational and recreational purposes.
General Pastoral Involvement
- Maintain weekly office hours and bring positive contribution to church staff meetings.
- Provide ministry highlights at Sunday morning worship service.
- Preach at Sunday morning service when requested by Senior Pastor
- A “born again” believer in Jesus Christ
- Demonstrating the character qualities of Christian leadership laid out in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Maintaining a consistent devotional life of study and prayer
- Spiritually gifted in evangelism.
- Able to teach and administrate effectively.
- A driven desire to develop a healthy and growing ministry program to students and parents.
- A team player mindset with the confidence, ability, enthusiasm and excitement to provide leadership for ministry volunteers
- Humility to accept ministry input, feedback and evaluation
- Meets the requirements of church membership continuing as a member in good standing at Bethel Grace Baptist Church
- Accepts the Bethel Grace Statement of Faith and is in accord with the Church Covenant
- 3 years of experience in youth ministry leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry related program (pursing seminary a plus).
Bethel Grace Distinctives
- Highly committed to the centrality of Scripture, the purity of the Gospel, and the majesty of Christ
- Interested in honoring God with a plurality of musical styles and instruments
- Affiliated with the Pacific Church Network (Conservative Baptist Association of Southern California)
- Appreciative of ministry helps: 9Marks, Gospel Coalition, Desiring God