Minister of Hispanic Ministries
Palm Valley Lutheran Church
Round Rock, Texas
Brothers and sisters in Christ, inviting people to know Christ, building a community of faith, and serving all people in love, to the glory of God
Statement of Work
Goals of the Hispanic Ministry
- Provide a Lutheran Spanish worship service.
- Provide religious education for all ages in Spanish.
- Able to work cooperatively with team of ministry personnel, supervised by Senior Pastor.
- Consistent with the faith and practice of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, every ordained minister shall:
- preach the Word;
- administer the sacraments;
- conduct public worship;
- provide pastoral care; and
- speak publicly to the world in solidarity with the poor and oppressed, calling for justice and proclaiming God’s love for the world.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Lead weekly worship services in Spanish.
- Administer Holy Communion at least once/month.
- Teach Bible Study groups on Sundays and any other opportunities during the week in Spanish.
- Ensure that Sunday School classes in Spanish are being taught.
- Reach out into the neighborhoods of this community, inviting especially Spanish-speaking people to worship and study at Palm Valley Lutheran Church.
- Instruct non-Lutherans about the Lutheran faith so they might become confirmed members of this congregation.
- Encourage Hispanics to become involved in activities of Palm Valley Lutheran Church so that they might be fully integrated into the fellowship of this congregation.
- Submit written monthly reports to Church Council, and attend their meetings as requested.
- Attend annual Church Council Retreats.
- Congregational Responsibilities
- Receive you as our pastor, uphold you in prayer, and accord you our love, respect, and good will.
- Look to you to preside at baptisms, marriages, and funerals.
- Compensate you with a negotiated salary.
- Reimburse you for business miles at current IRS rate/mile, payable monthly upon submitting a record of miles driven.
- Reimburse you for meals, lodging, registration and mileage for synod and conference events for which your attendance is desired by the congregation council (as outlined by the church's Accountable Reimbursement Plan, and subject to budget allowance).
- Reimburse you for continuing education negotiated annually, and up to five days.
- One Sunday per calendar quarter allowed as unpaid time off as mutually agreed upon with the Senior Pastor. Additionally, unpaid time off may be negotiated with the Senior Pastor.
VII. Terms of Contract
- This relationship is an employment “at will” and is a matter of mutual consent between the individual and Palm Valley Lutheran Church, meaning that either the individual or Palm Valley Lutheran Church has the right to terminate the agreement at any time
with or without cause, upon thirty (30) days’ notice.
- This contract is for a one-year period and may be renewed annually for a one-year term.
- This contract may not be modified except in writing signed by both parties.