Summary of Position:
To assist the Director of Children’s Ministries in designing, implementing and maintaining a successful ministry to children in pre-school ages 2 years old through Kindergarten. Scope: Sunday morning attendance in the preschool ministry is
80-100 children staffed by 40 teachers and aides. Camp Little Bear/ Hop Along/ Baby Bear’s attendance is 250 children and 150 volunteers.
COSMOS evening program has an average preschool attendance of 40-50.
To lead the pre-school Sunday School
- Recruiting, training and motivating teachers so that each class is adequately staffed with appropriately gifted volunteers.
- Training the volunteer teaching staff to provide learning experiences with a Biblical foundation and practical experience through small and large group experiences.
- Providing teachers with adequate curriculum materials, supplies and resources that allow them to teach preschoolers in a warm, inviting and secure atmosphere.
- Organizing the Sunday School program for maximum effectiveness.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of special Sunday School events such as music.
To coordinate Preschool COSMOS
- Recruiting and assisting teachers and block leaders in a mission-focused presentation for the children.
- Coordinating with the Bible teacher to determine a mission-focused curriculum.
- Oversee all areas of administration for preschool cosmos
To direct Camp Little Bear
- Recruiting, training and motivating camp counselors and staff.
- Planning and execution of a Bible focused camp with special learning centers based on a theme.
- Working with the summer interns to effectively and efficiently prepare for camp.
To assist in coordinating Preschool Age ministry of Awana
- Recruit, train, mentor and encourage leaders to implement the vision and mission of Awana
- Oversee all facets of Cubbies / K Sparks clubs of Awana
- Assist in administration for Cubbies/ K Sparks
- Assist Children’s Director with special Awana Events
To assist in coordinating special events involving family outreach
To provide leadership and support to other pre-school ministries as they develop
Ministry and Volunteer care
- Available for spiritual and personal interaction with families
- Available to volunteers and parents for counseling and prayer
- Position reports directly to the Director of Children’s Ministry
- Work alongside of other Children’s Ministry Associates and volunteers
- Build a close working relationship with COS staff and Children’s Ministry volunteers and parents.
- A clear profession of faith in Christ with a consistent walk with Christ and evidence of spiritual maturity.
- Agreement and support of Church of the Saviour’s Doctrinal Statement and Vision.
- Ability to lead and develop volunteers to be effective disciples and communicators of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to develop teams, recruit and employ volunteer leaders according to their giftedness.
5. Strong recruiter of volunteers.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
8. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
9. Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
10. Elementary education certificate preferable.
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Stacey Sauchuk, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.