Peach Church is looking to hire a Youth Pastor for a part-time position.
Peace Church is a United Methodist Church in Pickerington, Ohio that has over a 200 year history, yet is moving forward to reach those in our community in a bold way. Peace has a passion to help people become fully submitted followers of Christ and this
passion shows itself in every area of the church. Under the leadership of Pastor Bill Lyle, who has been at the church for the past 6 years, the church has high quality traditional and contemporary worship settings along with a high emphasis on excellent
children’s and youth programming. The church has over 500 in average attendance.
We are looking for a youth pastor that has a passion for youth ministry, the ability to build and lead teams and has a great chemistry with our current team.
We believe that God has positioned us to transform our community through surprising generosity, vibrant community and lifelong discipleship.
- Promote and execute the mission and vision of PEACE through student ministry
- Implement PEACE’s 6 Spiritual Disciplines into clear discipleship pathways for students
- Develop, implement and evaluate ministry goals related to student ministry with supervisor (every 6 months)
- Attend continuing education events related to this position (at least 1 per year)
- Develop and maintain a personal growth plan
- Multiply PEACE’s student ministry by regularly recruiting, equipping, and supervising servant leaders
- Lead through a team-based ministry approach
- Empower talented and gifted persons in all areas of student ministry
- Provide spiritual and skill development for all student ministry teams
- Oversee all teams related to student ministry including worship (Sunday morning and mid-week); discipleship and education (Sunday school, bible studies, confirmation, etc.); events (programs, retreats, and special events); mission (service projects, work
camps, local/regional and international projects, and fundraising); and counseling and mentoring
- Oversee student ministry budget
- Establish and maintain up-to-date and accurate attendance/grouping info through PEACE database
- Work with supervisor and team to develop a student curriculum
- Comply with Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Oversee any student room additions or improvements
- Coordinate with Student’s Praise Band
- Assist in worship leading and preaching as assigned
- Oversee all student communications including: student’s section of church webpage, student’s articles for church newsletter, parent/guardian contacts, social media, etc.
Applicant must possess a strong faith in Christ and a clear calling to student ministry. Be a member that models standards and expectations of leadership within PEACE church including a personal devotional life, worship attendance, giving, serving/witnessing,
small group participation, and a dedication to personal development and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate strong sense of integrity, a positive attitude, and be spiritually mature and growing
- Demonstrate leadership and teaching ability and express strong relational skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in building and empowering teams and apprenticing leaders
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of student ministry as well as current literature and issues
- Coordinate student discipleship to coincide with youth and adult discipleship
- Be creative, innovative and a team player