Full/Part Time: Both available depending on candidate.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience.
Post Date: 10/16/2017
The Worship Director gives personal leadership to the planning, execution, and evaluation of the worship ministry of LWBC with the goal of helping the church grow Up in worship of Christ, IN through discipleship and accountability, and OUT in mission to
Steele Creek, Charlotte, and the World.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate with the pastor, the total music ministry, including development of a long-range vision and establishing goals for achieving that vision, setting the calendar and budget and responsibility for weekly church bulletin.
- Work with pastor to facilitate worship service and sermon series planning including musical selection as well as other creative elements.
- Mobilize the resources necessary to staff and grow the music ministry and its ensembles both in quantity and quality.
- Coordinate special event music to include, but not limited to, funerals, weddings, etc. as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by the pastor.
- Lead our congregation both vocally and from your instrument, in strong praise of God
- Recruit, develop, and lead teams of vocalists for both backup praise teams as well as a choir, which will lead in services and special events (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Create rehearsal schedules that reflect and respect the time and calendars of volunteer vocalists.
- Integrate contemporary music with traditional hymns to achieve a balanced selection of music appropriate to the Lake Wylie congregation and the community we are trying to reach.
- Lead confidently, and with respect, to vocalists who possess varying levels of ability
- Invest in team members by offering opportunities to grow in their vocal skills
- Develop a long-range vision to create and implement inclusive worship ensembles not currently existing, including those for teenagers and children. Actively be involved in mentoring and shaping the next generation in worship.
- Recruit, develop, and lead teams of instrumentalists who will lead in Sunday worship services and special events (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Create rehearsal schedules that reflect and respect the time and calendars of volunteer instrumentalists.
- Invest in team members by offering opportunities to grow in their musicianship.
- Involved in the leadership of the Wednesday night worship
- Give personal leadership to the audio, video and lighting elements of our worship service so as to create atmospheres of engaging worship
- Recruit, develop, and lead teams of audio, video and lighting volunteers.
- Maintain and supervise audio visual equipment and instruments
- Passionate follower of Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experienced in leading worship/music in church services
- Ability to read and create arrangements, including vocal, instrumental and improvised chord charts
- Comfortable learning/operating programs and apps such as Planning Center Online, Pro Presenter, and other multimedia
- Be willing to read and discuss with the pastor, a spiritual book (e.g. Knowing God by J. I. Packer, or a commentary on an upcoming sermon series)
- Membership and faithfully adhering to the vision and mission of Lake Wylie Baptist Church
- Be a shining example of Christian church leadership in word, deed, and appearance both in the church and in the community.
- Commit to positive relationships and communication with all church staff, Deacons, committee members, performers and musical support staff.