General purpose of job:
The Director of Connections will integrate people meaningfully into the life of First Presbyterian Church by shepherding people from the first time they visit to when they become a covenant partner and to connect all covenant partners to service opportunities
by introducing them to ministries inside and outside the church that use their gifts, skills, and resources for Kingdom work.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Follow-up with new covenant partners following each class to engage them into the church community (assimilation) and identify ways to utilize their talents & gifts for ministry (mobilization).
- Serve as a connecting point for existing covenant partners to serve meaningfully and strategically with ministries inside and outside the church.
- Provide oversight regarding hospitality for Sunday morning worship and church wide special events which includes greeting, connections information desks, visitor gifts and follow-up. This involves the coordination to print signage, welcome literature,
visitor forms, and visitor gifts to help welcome members and visitors
- Train and recruit welcome team volunteers for Sunday mornings and special events that include greeters, connections information desk and ushers
- Engage and track visitors on Sundays and provide weekly follow-up with visitors who fill out visitor forms with an email, phone call or a one-on-one meeting.
- Organize covenant partner classes and joining day luncheons which occur four times a year.
- Update website page on areas connected to serving in the church