Journey Church is seeking a candidate for the dual role of Youth/Worship Pastor. It is intended that this person would spend about 50% of his time in the youth role, and 50% of his time in the worship role. At the same time, there may be other responsibilities
that arise in their time at Journey, flexibility is required. This position serves as a right hand to the Senior Pastor and will assist in carrying out the mission, vision and core values of the church as a whole.
- Be diligent about checks & balances with students, seeking to keep a good witness with parents and in the community.
- Conduct yourself and your student group in a way that proves you understand that the witness/reputation of the church as a whole is on the line.
- Plan and carry out the 6th – 12th grade Student Ministry.
- The lead pastor will give a broad direction/vision for where we want the youth to end up but what this looks like will largely depend on your vision.
- Mentoring/Direction by the Senior Pastor is required.
- Invest time and energy into the youth group(s) as a whole, but also spend a good amount of time investing in the lives of a ‘few’ (student leaders) who can/will grow, be taught to make a difference and positively influence the rest of the group/their peers
as a whole.
- Work to integrate youth and their families into the life and service of the church.
- Seek to grow the youth in the Christian Faith by your example, what you teach, and how you treat/value them.
- Work to foster & build unity/camaraderie/relationships in the youth, with each other as youth, with yourself & your family, and with the church as a whole.
- Recruit, develop and utilize a volunteer leader team.
- Be diligent about training and equipping your leaders.
- Communicate, communicate, and communicate – with everyone possible. Especially with the lead pastor, but additionally with your leaders and students.
- Lead the current Worship teams (2) in growth and toward excellence in our services.
- Plan, organize, and carry out the musical portion of our worship services.
- Be intentional about organization: scheduling, communication, regular practices, communicating well the guidelines and expectations of worship team members.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to create continuity in the service: music with message, transitions, media etc. Style will be a blend of traditional and contemporary/new music.
- Incorporate new people into teams as the need arises.
- Be intentional about staying current, introducing/teaching new music.
- Be competent in sound, lighting and media. Efficient with ProPresenter, Planning Center, Multi-tracks and in-ear sound systems.
- Maintain music equipment: speakers, monitors, cables, sound board, mics;
- Set up & clean up of stage area, equipment.
- Maintain stage and be involved in stage design.
- Forty-Fifty hours per week, schedule will be worked out with the lead pastor. Most Saturday’s are off, Monday’s are off, except for emergencies and special occasions.
- 4-8 hours per month for staff meetings and training, outside of the normal work week schedule.
Salary - $36,000 to $45,000 depending on experience and education, Health Insurance provided.
For more information and a full, detailed job description email email@example.com
To apply send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org