CHURCH: Calvary Bible Church
The Worship Pastor will design, implement, and oversee a corporate worship experience that draws people into an encounter with God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In harmony with the vision of Calvary Bible Church, he will provide vision and direction for
the worship ministry in a way that is biblical, Gospel-centered, creative and engaging. This position is full-time and reports to the Senior Pastor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position requires someone with a strong Christian testimony and a maturing faith in Christ. This position is first and foremost a pastoral position which means they must have a heart to shepherd, love and disciple people. This person must be musically
gifted and able to lead the congregation in God-honoring and God-focused worship. He will excel on acoustic guitar or piano and thrive in a band driven, blended worship style that will engage a multi-generational congregation.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent organizational and relational skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, along with a spirit of perseverance, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
This person should have formal training or a college degree in instrumental or vocal music or equivalent life experience. Biblical training at the undergraduate or graduate level is preferred but not required. This person must be in agreement with Calvary
Bible Church’s doctrinal statement.
- Recruit and mentor vocalists and musicians, developing worship teams both spiritually and musically.
- Plan, oversee, and direct rehearsals.
- Plan and lead God-honoring, engaging and creative worship services in harmony with the Senior Pastor’s vision for the overall weekly worship experience, including special events (Easter, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving Service, etc.)
- Oversee the audio-visual ministry fostering a strong partnership and community between the technical ministries and the worship teams
- Develop, oversee and submit annual budget for Worship Ministry.
- Develop annual vision and goals for Worship Ministry along with helping develop future ways to incorporate worship and worship arts into the life of the church.
- Assist with the musical aspect of children and youth ministries.
- Provide assistance and consultation with special events such funerals, weddings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We would love to have someone who could work with our A/V teams and help grow and mentor them. We would also love to have someone help us create and develop stage designs. These are not prerequisites but skills that would be helpful as we seek to grow our
worship ministries and our overall Sunday morning services.
- Guitar and keys preferred, but not required
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- We do not have a “years experience” criteria but seeking someone who has a proven history and passion for leading the local church in worship.