Wesley United Methodist Church in Vinton, Iowa is a congregation that seeks to fulfill the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ. It is a congregation where youth and young adults' spiritual formation and growth are a priority. Vinton is a county
seat and offers great opportunities for exciting youth and young adult ministries. Interested candidates may access the entire job description at www.wesleyumc-vinton.org and may submit a resume' and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The position is a full time position.
2. The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee (monthly).
3. The successful candidate will work as a part of a formal team including Pastor, Administrative Assistant, and Worship Committee and informally build relationships and cooperative initiatives within the community.
1. Develop Christian relationships with youth/young adults and their families in and outside of church.
2. Develop and administer effective Christian Education programs.
3. Recruit, direct, train, support, and encourage volunteers.
4. Be a visible member of the community and recruit, engage, and retain youth and young families.
5. Work closely with the Lead Pastor and Learning Committee in planning, implementing, and evaluating Christian Ed and Youth/Young Adult spiritual growth activities.
6. Work collaboritively and communicate effectively with Lead Pastor, Staff, and Committees.
7. Aggressively utilize social media to effectively communicate with youth and young adults.
8. Comply with safe sanctuary and other church policies.
9. Develop and manage the Christian Ed and Youth / Young Adult Ministries budget.
1. A vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; A demonstrated Christian spiritual maturity; A strong commitment to and ability to model a Christian lifestyle.
2. A passion to reach out to youth/young adults and their families and openly discuss your faith journey.
3. Be familiar with United Methodist doctrine, Wesleyan Theology, and Confirmation along with experience in a proven educational curriculum.
4. Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to youth and young adults and their families.
5. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a working knowledge of social media.
6. Have demonstrated the ability to plan, organize, and execute programs that are appealing, engaging, and spiritually uplifting.
7. Have a bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of experience in youth ministry.