Grace Church is in search of a Lead Pastor whose heart, fruit and preaching reflect a deep walk with Christ and who can provide experienced leadership that enables our multigenerational church to achieve its mission and vision while maintaining internal harmony.
- Meet the scriptural requirements of an Elder, as recorded in I Timothy 3: I -7, Titus I :5-9, I Peter 5: 1-4 and Acts 20:28.
- Agree with Grace Church EFCA statement of faith, church constitution and by-laws.
- Dynamic speaker who is skilled in expository preaching.
- Minimum of five consecutive years as a senior/lead pastor.
- Ordained and willing to be credentialed by the EFCA, if not already.
- Competent in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Desires to remain in a long-term ministry at Grace Church.
The Lead Pastor must be called of God, gifted by Christ Jesus, empowered by the Holy Spirit to be a shepherd, encourager and teacher who nurtures the spiritual growth of the flock. He is a member of the Board of Elders and provides leadership that ensures that
the church is moving forward in fulfillment of its mission and vision.
The Lead Pastor has the primary responsibility for preaching, coordinating all worship services and the teaching ministry of the church. He must be eager to minister to a multi-generational church.
The Lead Pastor leads the administration of the church within the confines of the constitution.
- Leads by being a servant leader and team player.
- Provides spiritual leadership and shepherding for the congregation.
- Coordinates the development of strategies to accomplish our mission and vision, and motivates congregation to activate its plan.
- Oversees implementation of plans to ensure that strategic objectives are achieved in a timely fashion, in coordination with the Elder Board.
- Equips ministry leaders by giving appropriate supervision and guidance to their ministries.
- Develops and provides formal leadership training that mentors and disciples a future generation of leaders who can assist in caring for and overseeing the flock.
PREACHING AND TEACHING:
- Serves as primary preacher of the Word through expository messages with emphasis on practical applications and spiritual transformation.
- Responsible for teaching sound doctrine of the whole counsel of God.
- Regularly casts the leadership vision to the congregation and demonstrates it by his actions.
- Demonstrates passion to preach the gospel and multiply disciples.
- Supervises other pastoral staff and leaders to ensure that their teaching and curriculum choices support the Grace Church mission, vision, and core values.
- Must be a capable administrator with the ability to manage the church's business operations ensuring that daily operations are congruent with our vision and governing documents.
- Ensures the hiring, oversight and supervision of church support staff including review as required.
- Is sensitive to the spiritual needs and condition of the church including the other pastors, lay elders, deacons, and staff.
- Ensures that counseling is available.
- Ensures that visitation is taking place in a timely manner.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP:
- Accountable to the Elder Council and is an ex-officio member of all boards, teams, and committees of the church.
- Provides written updates and reports as required.