To ensure all non-speaking worship elements of all Sunday morning services are prepared, staffed and completed with excellence. To equip and oversee the people who assist in those elements professionally and spiritually throughout the campus ministries.
Also responsible for organizing and coordinating various creative elements to enhance the campus ministry efforts.
- High level of competency playing guitar and/or piano and singing.
- General knowledge of audio, lighting and technical elements necessary to perform worship services.
- Proficient with Planning Center, Pro Presenter, and other related software.
- Teachable and easily takes direction.
- Strong team builder with planning, organizational, administrative, and people skills.
- Creative ideas for tying in other artistic expressions into the worship services.
- Ability to execute Biblical leadership principles and shepherding of volunteers in the ministry.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required.
- High level of musical proficiency (college degree preferred).
- Expertise in playing guitar and/or piano and singing.
- Comfortable in leading a contemporary worship band with excellence in a medium-large church setting.
- Possesses competent general Bible knowledge, specifically in spiritual leadership and demonstrates application of the Gospel to daily life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Worship Director Responsibilities
- Leads and coordinates worship for weekend worship services.
- Recruits, trains and equips volunteers for the worship teams, audio teams, tech teams and lighting teams. This will include worship team volunteers for student ministry services.
- Collaborates with leadership in weekly worship service planning and review, including song selection, transitions, creative elements, and connecting with worshippers.
- Conducts weekly rehearsals for our Sunday morning worship, audio, and tech teams.
- Schedules musicians and vocalists for weekend and student ministry worship services.
- Builds order of service for weekend services, student ministry services, and special events by coordinating with appropriate staff and event coordinators.
- Holds regular auditions to identify new talent and leadership for worship arts team.
- Attends weekly meetings with campus staff to discuss worship gatherings, past and future, always seeking to improve the elements of the campus services.
- Coordinate the production of Christmas, Good Friday, and other special worship services.
- Assists in developing and resourcing Worship Department teams, musicians, and vocalists.
Creative Director Responsibilities:
- Direct the production & creative elements for the campus (through volunteer teams), including the production of graphics & video and the distribution of audio & video through websites & social media.
- Ensure that creative planning projects are completed on schedule.
- Attends monthly meetings of the churchwide creative team, developing and implementing artistic stage/set design.
- Ensure that all actions performed within the context of this job position accomplishes and furthers the mission, vision and values of Woodside Bible Church (Belong, Grow, Reach).
- Incumbent adheres to the Statement of Faith as established and approved by Woodside Bible Church.
Are you who we’re looking for? If you think you might be, e-mail your resume to FarmingtonHills@woodsidebible.org
. Be sure to also send us a video or YouTube/Vimeo link of you leading worship
the name of one of your favorite songs currently on the radio. We’ll then send you additional details about the role, explain our process for filling the position, and answer any other questions you have. The best way to contact us with any questions
is via e-mail (and we may not be able to return phone calls with questions). Thanks!