Job Summary The Children’s Director of Lifepointe Church is responsible for the overall leadership of the church’s ministry to children ages birth through 4th grade including: selection of curriculum, recruiting and
training of volunteers, planning of special events, communication with parents, and other activities associated with a successful children’s ministry. Reports to the Pastor and is supported by the Directors in such ways as outlined in the governing documents
of the church. The Children’s Director is not an Elder of the church.
Lifepointe Church Children's Pastor or Director
Calling Express a clear testimony of a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Articulate a sense of calling to minister to children and their parents.
Education College Degree preferred. Seminary education is a plus.
Experience A minimum of three years experience leading a children’s ministry is desired.
- Research, evaluate, and implement age-based Christian curriculum suitable for teaching children the tenets of the Christian faith in fun and active setting.
- Ensure that the gospel of God’s love is central and salvation through faith in Jesus is explained in age-appropriate ways.
- Help children and parents understand baptism at Lifepointe Church.
- Recruit and train volunteers to teach KidZone classes on Sunday mornings.
- Assure adequate and safe childcare during mid-week or special events.
- Oversee management and security of the KidZone classroom areas.
- Determine supply needs and order as needed.
- Coordinates special ministry events during the year including VBS.
- Maintain good communication with parents.
- Oversee background checks of all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create annual budget for KidZone for approval and manage KidZone budget.