Highland Park Baptist Church is a Multi-Cultural, Multi-Generational Church that is committed to worshiping God, growing disciples, and being a part of seeing the gospel transform the world. WORSHIP-GROW-GO.
HPBC esteems the word of God as the final authority for truth and foundation for all ministries. We love and worship Jesus above everything.
We are seeking to add a full-time Student Worship Director to our team!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To bring glory to God and to edify the church through ministry of music; primarily in youth, but also in corporate worship ministry. To mentor Middle School and High School students for the purpose of worship leading and discipleship.
To effectively equip HS & MS students for leading in worship instrumentally, vocally, and sound/lighting/media tech.
We are seeking an individual who;
- Loves Jesus
- Loves students and is relational
- Leads worship with excellence
- Equips students for leading in worship (spiritually and technically)
- Works well in a team environment as a self-starter
- Is able to play at least guitar and/or piano.
- Is comfortable and relatable in a multi-cultural environment
- Adept in various musical styles that are culturally relevant
DOCTRINAL STATEMENT - Be in agreement with the doctrinal stance of Highland Park Baptist Church. What we believe biblically can be found here: http://www.highlandparkbaptist.com/about-us/what-we-believe
If you would like to apply please email Adam Holcomb at email@example.com Please include a resume with references and a video of you leading worship.
No phone calls please.
More details about the position can be found below.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Lead worship for HS and MS on Wednesday evenings
- Rehearse with HS and MS bands on a weekly basis in preparation for worship leading
- Disciple, Recruit, and Empower HS and MS students both spiritually and musically to lead
- Work with the Worship Tech Director to train HS & MS students for sound and media
- Maintain and set up MS and HS stage (coordinate with Worship Tech Director)
- Lead worship for youth retreats
- Lead Worship for Southfield Christian School Chapel Services (SCS - a private college prep K-12 school at Highland Park Baptist Church)
- Be involved in the HPBC worship ministry
- Attend Weekly creative team meetings
- Play and help lead periodically
- Meet weekly with Director of Worship Ministries
- Help HS students transition to leading on Sunday mornings in corporate worship
- Provide ministry assistance and support as required by the primary and secondary reports noted above
- Actively pursue excellence in honing your musical craft
Personal Responsibilities: (all employees)
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, meditation and fellowship.
- Maintain proper spiritual priorities.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Faithfully support the ministries of the church through stewardship of spiritual gifts, finances and time.
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper spiritual priorities
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
- Faithfull support the ministries of the church through the stewardship of spiritual gifts, finances and free time
- Participate in the overall life of the church, setting an example of servant leadership that spreads beyond your areas of ministry responsibility to the broader body of the church