Hunt Valley Church is a growing church located in Hunt Valley Maryland, north of Baltimore and Washington DC. We have thriving student and children's ministries in a multi-generational congregation. Our church is poised to break ground on a significant
building expansion, including a new worship auditorium and student facilities on our 22 acre campus. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and gifted leader with a mature passion for Christ and heart for students, to serve as our Middle School Student
To develop and oversee an effective ministry to Middle School youth both inside and outside Hunt Valley Church using intentional relationships, environments and programs.
- PURSUE INNOVATION – Keep current with latest trends and research relating to Middle School students and their families in order to continually develop creative and innovative ways of reaching students in our community and walking with them
in their faith journey.
- OWN ENVIRONMENT – Intentionally craft your ministry environment in a way that is open & welcoming to students & families from our community and is most conducive to sharing the Gospel in a holistic way. Environment includes the physical
space, welcoming relationships, approachable language & varied programming.
- REACH STUDENTS WHERE THEY ARE – Develop strategies to connect with students who are in varying places along their faith journey. This will include students in our neighboring communities who have no interest in faith, students in our church
community who are struggling with their faith, students in our church who are strong in their faith, and every student in between.
- CREATE TRANSFORMATIVE EXPERIENCES - Design experiences for students that will transform their faith into a strong, lifelong relationship with Christ. These include large group experiences, small group experiences, mission trips, social
- DEPLOY STUDENTS TO IMPACT COMMUNITY - Provide meaningful opportunities for students to serve both in the church and in the local community.
- INTENTIONALLY PARTNER W/ PARENTS – Develop strategies for training, resourcing, and connecting with parents that recognize that they are the ones ultimately tasked with their child’s faith development. Create a climate where we are supporting
and encouraging parents on this journey.
- CREATE ATTRACTIONAL LEADER COMMUNITY – Build a team of leaders that enjoy being together, understand and are committed to the vision, are serving within their areas of strengths & passions, are well trained and supported and are attracting
others to join them.
- INTEGRATE MINISTRY - Consistently look for ways for your ministry to participate in and support church wide initiatives, programs, and activities . This includes working closely with all Next Gen staff to integrate Next Gen philosophy
throughout all ministries
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in pastoral or ministry leadership role(s)
- Ability to teach, develop strategy, solve problems, etc.
- Strong, compassionate leader
- Excellent communication skills
- High energy
- Mature Christian pursuing deeper relationship with God
- Experience with Orange and familiarity with Family Ministry strategies preferred
- OVERSEES: Middle School Volunteers and Students
- WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Next GEN Team
- REPORTS TO: Next GEN Director
COMMENTS & CONTACT
This is a critical job to which the church is strongly committed, and the role is part of the Next Gen / Family Ministry Team supported by our experienced Next Gen Director, peers in High School, Elementary, and Early Childhood Ministries, and committed
volunteer leaders. We believe students matter tremendously to God and are not just the church of tomorrow but also the church of today.
Send resume, salary history, and brief cover letter through ChurchStaffing or directly to Employment@huntvalleychurch.org. Due to the nature of our search, direct phone inquiries cannot be accepted.